Thurman, Ryan, Goldberg, Brody to head Tribeca Film FestivalApril 22nd, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 22 (ANI): Hollywood actors Uma Thurman, Meg Ryan, Whoopi Goldberg and Adrien Brody have been chosen to head the judging panel at this year’s Tribeca Film Festival in New York.
The stars will be joined by fellow celebrities James Franco, Mary-Kate Olsen, Bradley Cooper, Melissa Leo, Parker Posey and Morgan Spurlock, who are all among the 32 jurors at Robert De Niro’s movie event, which kicks off today.
The line-up was announced at a press conference in the Big Apple on April 21, which featured Thurman, director Spike Lee and festival founders De Niro and Jane Rosenthal.
Thurman has expressed her delight at getting to play such a key role in the eighth annual festival.
“For me and people who enjoy films, Tribeca has been a major event for which all look forward to with major anticipation. As a New Yorker, it’s wonderful to see the impact it has on the city,” the Daily Express quoted her as saying.
“This year is especially exciting because I get to be a part of it as a juror,” she added.
De Niro founded the event with Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff to help revitalise the lower Manhattan area after the terrorist attacks of 9/11 - and he is proud to continue celebrating New York City as a major filmmaking centre.
“It’s great to see how much the festival has grown since we started it in 2002 and how it has impacted this neighbourhood,” he said.
The Tribeca Film Festival, which will host the world premiere of Woody Allen’s new movie ‘Whatever Works’, runs until May 3. (ANI)
- Documentary about Sir Elton John to open Tribeca festival - Mar 04, 2011
- Tribeca to screen transgender comedy despite protests - Mar 28, 2010
- 'Shrek' to open Tribeca film fest - Mar 02, 2010
- 'Road, Movie' first Hindi film to go to Tribeca: Abhay Deol - Mar 05, 2010
- Robert De Niro to head jury at this year's Cannes Film Festival - Jan 07, 2011
- Robert De Niro Makes It To The Cannes Film Festival - Jan 07, 2011
- Woody Allens Whatever Works to kick-start Tribeca film festival - Mar 04, 2009
- Jude Law, Uma Thurman on Cannes jury - Apr 21, 2011
- Elizabeth Olsen to take a break from school to shoot De Niro thriller - Jan 26, 2011
- India's no show at 64th Cannes Film Festival - Apr 15, 2011
- Uma Thurman, Jude Law join Cannes jury - Apr 20, 2011
- Robert De Niro slams Donald Trump's allegations on Barack Obama - Apr 25, 2011
- Rachael McAdams dating Michael Sheen? - Oct 08, 2010
- Is Rachael McAdams And Michael Sheen Dating Each Other? - Oct 11, 2010
- Wilde to be honoured at Maui Film Fest - May 19, 2011
Tags: adrien brody, bradley cooper, craig hatkoff, daily express, director spike lee, hollywood actors, james franco, jane rosenthal, leo parker, lower manhattan area, mary kate olsen, meg ryan, melissa leo, morgan spurlock, parker posey, robert de niro, spike lee, tribeca film festival, whoopi goldberg, woody allen