‘Thriller’ actress sues Jacko over unpaid royaltiesMay 6th, 2009 - 6:30 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 6 (ANI): The actress in Michael Jackson’s smash hit ‘Thriller’ video is suing the popstar over unpaid royalties.
Ola Ray, a former Playboy Playmate, is suing the King of Pop and his production company alleging breach of contract.
According to TMZ.com, Ray’s lawyer has claimed that she was promised a share in the 1983 promo’s revenue, but has not received a single penny till date.
At the cost of 500,000 dollars, the epic 14-minute video, directed by John Landis, was the most expensive promo of its time, reports Contactmusic.
In January, Landis also sued Jacko claiming that he’s owed royalties for his work on the iconic promo and related spin-offs, and the case is still continuing. (ANI)
- Michael Jackson sued by 'Thriller' actress - May 06, 2009
- Ola Ray sues Michael Jackson over "Thriller" royalties - May 08, 2009
- MJ's triple 'Thriller' creditors file new claims - Oct 30, 2009
- Jackson's 'Thriller' to be inducted in the US Congress archives - Jan 01, 2010
- Jay Z's private jet lawsuit dismissed - Feb 07, 2012
- Madonna collaborator sued over $10m worth of royalties - Dec 21, 2010
- Karissa Shannon sex tape 'most extreme video ever': Vivid chairman - Sep 13, 2010
- Osbourne sued over jewellery designs - Feb 05, 2012
- Hefner moves on, dating Anna Sophia - Jun 20, 2011
- MJ's estate in yet another lawsuit - Nov 03, 2009
- Ex-manager files lawsuit against MJ's estate - Feb 18, 2012
- Michael Jackson's "Thriller" Video To Hit Big Screen? - Oct 30, 2010
- Paris Hilton's parents face royalties lawsuit - Apr 28, 2010
- Jay- Z faces legal action over private flights - Jun 23, 2010
- 'The Chronicles Of Riddick' sequel on hold - Oct 30, 2011