Thomas Beatie Pregnant AgainJune 11th, 2009 - 1:46 am ICT by GD
Thomas Beatie, 35, attracted international attention as the world’s first pregnant man, is in the news once again for safely delivering a healthy baby boy, albeit three days premature. The new baby joins the family of Thomas, Nancy and their one-year old Susan Juliette, who was birthed last June by Thomas. In spite of the diverse reactions from the world at large , the small family seems happy. Sources say that the baby was delivered naturally.
Born as Tracy Lagondino, Beatie retained his vagina and other female organs in the gender reassignment surgery because he planned to give birth one day. After his gender-reassignment surgery, he is legally counted as a male, is married to Nancy and even wears a beard. Both children were conceived by sperm donors. The couple decided on this precarious course because Nancy, 46, had had a hysterectomy. Beatie told the press that all his friends and family had opposed to this plan as being too dangerous to be attempted, but they went ahead with it any way and were very happy with the results. Despite the fact that my belly is growing with a new life inside me, I am stable and confident being the man that I am,” Thomas said in March.
It was revealed on the Oprah Winfrey Show that their first successful conception had resulted in ectopic triplets, which had to be aborted, resulting in the loss of his right fallopian tube. They kept trying however, and now seem like the epitome of a proud family.
Thomas Beatie’s first public-appearance was on the cover of the noted gay magazine The Advocate, displaying his prominently pregnant belly. After that his decision has garnered a lot of attention some positive, some negative, some going as far as death threats. But he does not regret his decision.”We are a man, woman and child,” he said. “It’s ironic that we are so different but yet, we’re just a family, just the same as anyone else.”
- US 'pregnant man' shows off his new baby bump - Mar 26, 2009
- Pregnant Man Thomas Beatie Delivers Baby No 3 - Aug 03, 2010
- "Pregnant Man" Thomas Beatie Gives Birth To Baby Number 3 - Aug 03, 2010
- Briton becomes country's first male to give birth - Feb 12, 2012
- Pregnant Man Delivers Baby No. 3 - Aug 03, 2010
- 'Pregnant Man' Thomas Beatie To Give Birth To Baby No. 3 - Feb 17, 2010
- US 'pregnant man' gives birth to second child - Jun 10, 2009
- First known transgender man to give birth welcomes third child - Aug 03, 2010
- US 'Pregnant Man' is pregnant again - Feb 15, 2010
- Pregnant man - Thomas Beatie gives birth to baby number three - Aug 03, 2010
- Thomas Beatie Conceives Again - Feb 20, 2010
- 'Pregnant man' planning to have 4th child despite filing for bankruptcy - Mar 25, 2011
- Pregnant man expecting third child - Feb 11, 2010
- Pregnant man shows off first baby photos - Jul 24, 2008
- 'Pregnant man' gives birth to second baby - Jun 10, 2009
Tags: baby boy, beatie, death threats, epitome, fallopian tube, female organs, first public appearance, gay magazine, gender reassignment surgery, hysterectomy, international attention, man woman and child, oprah winfrey, oprah winfrey show, pregnant belly, pregnant man, proud family, sperm donors, triplets, woman and child