This year’s Glastonbury will not be the last, says founderFebruary 16th, 2008 - 4:07 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Feb 16 (ANI): The creator of Glastonbury festival, Michael Eavis has denied reports that this year’s event might be the last.
His daughter Emily, who has helped her father to run the event for the last eight years, had earlier cast doubts over the future of the event.
“I kinda feel that we should ply everything into this as if it be the last, Contactmusic quoted Emily, as saying earlier in an interview.
However, Michael has stressed that “treat it as if it is the last” is a family phrase and was taken out of context by the interviewer.
When asked by an interviewer if Glastonbury had a limited shelf-life, Emily had said: “Yeah… it’s a risky, risky business and it would be nice to think, to know that it could go on forever. But I don’t know if that’s possible.”
“We had a kind of retrospective time during Christmas, talking about it and whether it’s a long term thing. It’s a risky, risky business and it would be nice to think, to know that it could go on forever, [but] I don’t know if that’s possible, she added.
Around 75,000 fans will attend the event at Worthy Farm in Somerset from June 27th to 29th, with the line-up to include Neil Diamond, Leonard Cohen, Hot Chip and British Sea Power. (ANI)