This Time Matt Lauer Angers Kanye WestNovember 12th, 2010 - 7:47 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Kanye West appeared on Matt Lauer’s ‘Today Show’ recently and confronted the interviewer about some of his previous controversies. The rapper, however, lost his cool during the interview when Matt Lauer started playing clips that might have brought back memories for the star that he did not enjoy. On Twitter, he said that he went on the show with only positive intent but soon found himself tortured and misused by the host. He also said that the host tried to force the answers out of him.
Kanye West started talking about the controversial statement that he made against former President George Bush and said that the hurricane Katrina was one of the lowest points in his presidency. He admitted that he was wrong in calling him a racist. The rapper, however, failed to retain his calm when Matt Lauer played a video clip of an interview and asked the ‘Power’ star to look at George Bush while talking to him. Kanye West insisted that he need not have played the clip to stir up the old emotions.
Later Kanye West was shown clips of his 2009 VMAs drama that involved Taylor Swift. The rapper lashed at the host and said that he was unable to talk with the video playing on the screen. He asked Matt Lauer to not let that happen again as it was ‘ridiculous’.
Kanye West is one of the most controversial figures in the R&B industry today. In 2005, the singer criticized the then-American President and said that he does not care about the black people. In 2009, he found himself the target of media hatred when he interrupted country sensation Taylor Swift in the middle of her acceptance speech.
- Kanye West cancels performance at NBC's Today show - Nov 13, 2010
- Kanye West's Media Trainer Abandons Him - Nov 14, 2010
- George W. Bush Responds To Kanye West's Racial Comment, Calls It Disgusting - Nov 04, 2010
- Kanye West coy about Kim Kardashian dating rumors - Nov 06, 2010
- Kanye West Remains Tame At The VMAs - Sep 13, 2010
- Matt Lauer: "We stand by Kanye West's interview" - Nov 12, 2010
- VMAs producers rule out 'a Kanye West, Taylor Swift moment' - Sep 12, 2010
- Bush has forgiven Kanye West for calling him 'racist' - Nov 11, 2010
- Kanye West Performs New Song At The VMAs - Sep 13, 2010
- Why Is Kayne West So Shy About Kim Kardarshian? - Nov 08, 2010
- Stars Come Down At The The VMA Awards 2010 - Sep 12, 2010
- MTV Video Music Awards Of 2010 Will Be Hosted By The American Humorist, Chelsea Handler - Aug 22, 2010
- Taylor Swift Shines At The VMAs - Sep 13, 2010
- George W. Bush Talks To NBC Host Matt Lauer About Presidency, Personal Life - Nov 09, 2010
- Chelsea Handler To Host MTV VMAs - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: acceptance speech, american president, controversial figures, controversial statement, controversies, country sensation, former president george bush, george bush, hurricane katrina, interviewer, kanye west, matt lauer, meena, old emotions, power star, president george bush, target, taylor swift, time matt, vmas