This day in historyApril 11th, 2009 - 10:38 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
12th April 2009
1948 – Suraj Sanim Born April 12, bollywood writer/ Cinematographer.
1956 - Deepak Anand Born April 12, is a Bollywood film director and film editor.
1983 - Richard Attenborough’s ‘Gandhi’ wins 8 Oscars.
2003 - Mandira issues apology for naming dogs Sardar Ruginder Singh Bedi and Buster Upadhyay Kaushal.
2004 - Singer Sonu Nigam and his family narrowly escaped a bomb blast that occurred just outside the bus in which they were traveling, while trying to attend a concert in Pakistan.
2004 – Teji Bachchan, mother of superstar Amitabh Bachchan, was admitted to Leelavati Hospital in suburban Mumbai for a string of health related problems.
2005 – More than a decade after the death of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, Washington has decided to pay homage to the legend by adding the words Come as you are to its signposts.
2005 – Court stops telecast of TV serial on Namdeo. A sessions judge restrained a TV production house from telecasting a serial based on the life of dismissed CISF constable R L Namdeo on Doordarshan. Namdeo had shot dead his superior officer, deputy commandant A Karanjkar, and taken six of his colleagues hostage at the international airport on May 24, 2003.
2005 – Former cricketer, Sachin Tendulkar pal and alleged deal-maker V Chamundeswaranath was abducted by a four-man gang and set free two hours later.
2006 – Actor Salman Khan arrived along with his friend and actress Katrina Kaif in a chartered aircraft after being released on bail by a Jodhpur court in a poaching case.
2006 – Millions of fans bid a tearful farewell to Kannada idol Rajkumar, at the Kanteerva film studio as his mortal remains were laid to rest with full state honours.
2006 – Barely 24 hours after he passed away, the eyes of Kannada thespian Rajkumar gifted sight to two visually impaired persons.
2007 – Rahul Khanna in PETA ad. The actor poses next to the tagline in the ad which says, “Beaten, Shackled, Abused – Elephants Don’t Belong in Zoos.”
2008 – Singer Bobby Brown is upset with ex-wife Whitney Houston for not signing off a DVD release of his reality show Being Bobby. -Sampurn Media
- Bobby Deol Feels He Is Too “Masculine” To Play A Gay Role - Dec 08, 2010
- Bollywood wakes up to women-centric themes - Dec 10, 2011
- Rishika to make her Kannada debut - Feb 19, 2010
- Jackie To Be Released On 23rd September - Jul 31, 2010
- Abhishek proud to have worked with 'Amar, Akbar, Anthony' - Mar 07, 2011
- Kannada actor awaits bail in wife beating case - Sep 14, 2011
- Fresh medical issues have come up, says Amitabh (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Dr. Raj Souhardha awards start from 2010 - Apr 26, 2010
- Abbas-Mustan's clarity, precision impresses Abhishek - Dec 16, 2011
- Kannada Actors Puneeth, Aindrita Bag First AKKA Award - Sep 09, 2010
- Bobby, not Akshay, leads 'Thank You' promotions - Mar 05, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt to sing extra song for 'Department' - Apr 19, 2012
- Siddharth Malhotra's Mom Hospitalized - Sep 09, 2010
- Music, Dance, Masti in Pavitra Rishta! - Apr 08, 2010
- Cinematographer S. Ramachandra Passed Away On January 10 - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: amitabh bachchan, bollywood film, chartered aircraft, deputy commandant, doordarshan, film editor, film studio, katrina kaif, man gang, mandira, mortal remains, rahul khanna, rajkumar, richard attenborough, salman khan, sonu nigam, state honours, tearful farewell, tv serial, upadhyay