This day in history 9 May 2009May 9th, 2009 - 1:30 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
This day in history 9 May 2009
1962 - Brian Epstein met with EMI producer George Martin. Martin signed the Beatles to record demos on June 4, 1962. It was their first recording contract.
1973 - Mick Jagger added $150,000 of his own money to the $350,000 raised by the Rolling Stones’ January benefit concert for victims of a Nicaraguan earthquake.
1963 - Sadashiv Amrapurkar (born May 10) is a popular Marathi actor who has played the villain in many Hindi films of the 1980s, 1990s and early 2000s. Amrapurkar usually played the evil landlord (Thakur) or the corrupt police officer. His baddie roles include: Indrajeet (1990), Sadak (1991), Izzat (1990), Farishtay (1991), Sabse Bada Khiladi and Ishq (1997)
1982 - Neha Bamb (born May 9, 1982) is an Indian actress. She is well known as for playing the role of Mahi Malhotra on the hit Indian soap opera Maayka on Zee Tv.
1988 - Prince’s 10th album was released entitled “Lovesexy.” Some stores refused to sell the album due to the nude portrait that was on the cover.
1990 - Sinead O’Connor refused to perform on “Saturday Night Live” after Andrew Dice Clay was named as host.
1998 - Puff Daddy and Jimmy Page were musical guests on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live.” They performed their collaboration “Come To Me.”
1998 - Playback singer Talat Mehmood, 75, passed away in Mumbai.
2000 - A U.S. federal appeals court upheld a $5.4 million jury decision that Michael Bolton had plagiarized parts of the song “Love is a Wonderful Thing.” The original song, of the same name, was released in 1966 by the Isley Brothers.
2002 - It was announced that Ozzy Osbourne and his family had signed deal that included two books.
- 'Tum mujhe yun bhula na paoge': Shammi Kapoor's filmography - Aug 14, 2011
- Akshay Kumar's birthday to be a family affair - Sep 09, 2010
- Talent that became victim of drugs - Feb 12, 2012
- Sinead O'Connor talks about her search for sex - Sep 01, 2011
- 'Rowdy Rathore' soundtrack disenchanting (IANS music review) - May 05, 2012
- Television serials are the future, says Sadashiv Amrapurkar - Jun 12, 2011
- Ronald Isley Wins Prestigious Legend Award On Soul Train Awards 2010 - Nov 30, 2010
- Lucky Ali wows Assam crowd, to promote district - Oct 30, 2010
- Robert De Niro receives Honorary Doctorate Degree from Bates College - May 29, 2012
- Pop star Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Jon Secada calls himself a `workingman of music' - Feb 15, 2012
- Big B abuses in 'Bbuddah...', but in amusing way! - Jun 21, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow causes racial controversy after tweeting the N-word - Jun 05, 2012
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- World Cup winners - Jul 12, 2010
Tags: 1980s 1990s, andrew dice clay, brian epstein, corrupt police, federal appeals court, indian actress, michael bolton, mick jagger, musical guests, playback singer, producer george martin, puff daddy, sabse bada khiladi, sadashiv amrapurkar, saturday night live, sinead o connor, soap opera, talat mehmood, tv 1988, zee tv