This day in history 8 May 2009May 7th, 2009 - 10:04 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
This day in history 8 May 2009
1970 - The Beatles album “Let it Be” was released.
1975 - Sanjeet Bedi is an Indian Television actor. Sanjeet started his career as a VJ for B4U channel. He has done ads for various brands such as Thums Up, Sprite, Lakme, Ford Ikon, Arrow etc. Sanjeet started his acting career with Lillette Dubey’s group.
1990 - Tom Waits won $2.5 million when a Los Angeles court ruled that Frito-Lay unlawfully used a Waits sound alike in its Doritos ads.
1972 - John Lennon appeared on the “Dick Cavett” TV show and said that the FBI had tapped his phone.
1974 - Robert Plant and Elvis Presley did an impromptu version of “Love Me” when they met after a concert by Presley.
1985 - Madonna’s single “Crazy For You” hit #1.
1992 - Will Smith (the Fresh Prince) and songwriter Sheree Zampino were married.
1995 - Jimmy Vaughn, Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Buddy Guy and Robert Cray reunited for a tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughn. All five had played with Vaughan at his last show on August 26, 1990, before he was killed in a helicopter crash.
1998 - The Smashing Pumpkins filed a suit against Westwood One. The claim was that the radio syndicator had breached an oral and implied agreement when they licensed a 1991 interview with the band.
2002 - It was announced that Mariah Carey had signed a deal that included her own label.
- Jackson voted greatest singer of all time - Jun 22, 2011
- Padma Lakshmi's baby girl sees her nude photos daily - Apr 15, 2011
- Have Will Smith & Jada Pinkett split? - Aug 23, 2011
- Eric Clapton raised more than $1.7m after auctioning off instruments - Mar 10, 2011
- Halloween Pumpkin craving templates - Oct 11, 2010
- Indra Nooyi gets a raise, makes $17 mn in 2011 - Mar 24, 2012
- PepsiCo names Indian-born Kumar president of Quaker Foods - Oct 06, 2009
- Chitrangada Singh endorses Frito-Lay's new snack - Aug 07, 2009
- PepsiCo names Indian-born Kumar president of Quaker Foods (Lead) - Oct 06, 2009
- Cutting sodium from potato chips by changing shape of salt cube - Apr 30, 2010
- Fritolay plans to increase contract farming area - May 06, 2010
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Frito-Lay to invest Rs.500 crore over three years (Lead) - Jun 04, 2009
- PepsiCo to invest Rs.500 crore on new cracker - Jun 04, 2009
- Why Tom Jones and Elvis Presley wanted to beat up John Lennon - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: beatles album, dick cavett, dick cavett tv show, dubey, elvis presley, ford ikon, fresh prince, helicopter crash, indian television, interview with the band, jimmy vaughn, lakme, lillette, radio syndicator, robert cray, sheree zampino, stevie ray vaughn, television actor, thums up, westwood one