Third sequel to ‘The Da Vinci Code’ announcedApril 22nd, 2009 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 22 (IANS) Even before his latest novel “The Lost Symbol” could hit the bookshelves, film bosses of “The Da Vinci Code” have announced a third instalment in the franchise, based on the latest offering by its author Dan Brown.
Contactmusic.com reports, executives at Columbia Pictures, the studio behind the movies, have given a nod to the third sequel of the film even when the book is to release in September this year and the second sequel “Angels & Demons” still to hit the screens May 15 in the US and India.
The film adaptation of “The Da Vinci Code”, starring Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks, was a box office smash, grossing more than $758 million (505 million pounds) worldwide.
- New novel by 'Da Vinci Code' author - Apr 21, 2009
- Indian fans will enjoy 'Angels & Demons': Tom Hanks - May 03, 2009
- Dan Brown's back to thrill - Apr 22, 2009
- Top 10 Hollywood movies India fell for (Flashback 2009) - Dec 19, 2009
- Who doesn't know about Bollywood: Tom Hanks (Interview) - Jul 10, 2011
- Tom Cruise To Be IN Pilot Gear For Top Gun 2 - Oct 16, 2010
- Da Vinci Code sequel gets September date - Apr 21, 2009
- 'Angels & Demons' rakes in Rs.19 mn in India over 1st weekend - Jun 01, 2009
- Vatican to boycott 'Angels and Demons' - Mar 24, 2009
- Tom Hanks donates to help restore Rosslyn Chapel - Feb 08, 2010
- 'Men in Black 4' confirmed - Jul 21, 2012
- Vatican poised to boycott Tom Hanks-starrer Angels & Demons - Mar 24, 2009
- Dan Brown 'least wanted author', says Oxfam - Sep 03, 2010
- Hollywood films facing the heat in producers v/s multiplexes fight - May 07, 2009
- Controversies not behind Da Vinci Codes success, says Tom Hanks - Mar 12, 2009
Tags: actor tom hanks, angels, bookshelves, box office, columbia pictures, contactmusic, da vinci code, dan brown, demons, film adaptation, franchise, India, instalment, london, nod, novel, screens, sequel, tom hanks