Theron to help build soccer fields in South AfricaNovember 27th, 2009 - 1:01 am ICT by IANS
New York, Nov 26 (IANS) Hollywood actress Charlize Theron is helping build soccer fields in her native South Africa in honour of the upcoming World Cup.
The soccer tournament will be hosted by the country next year and Theron’s Africa Outreach charity is raising cash to build soccer fields all over Africa, so rural kids could also play the game, reports hollywood.com.
“I love soccer and it’s great for Africa that we’re finally hosting it (World Cup). We’re so proud. I started a programme about two years ago that’s become very integrated and, in honour of the World Cup, we’re building soccer fields in very rural communities, where African children have no access to play this sport,” she said.
- Theron's charity builds football fields in Africa ahead of World Cup - Nov 27, 2009
- Theron donates dresses to charity - Apr 17, 2012
- Theron auctions off date for charity - Dec 08, 2010
- South Africa trip a learning experience for Theron - Jun 21, 2011
- Charlize Theron launches footwear collection for charity - Dec 19, 2009
- Freeman, Theron among celebs to attend World Cup final - Jul 10, 2010
- Zambia moves to fourth position in African football - Feb 16, 2012
- Blatter hails South Africa for successfully hosting World Cup - Jul 12, 2010
- Pak 'determined to win finals' against Proteas to clinch 'very close series': Afridi - Nov 08, 2010
- Glittering World Cup draw ceremony held in Cape Town - Dec 05, 2009
- Canada's flag bearer for 2010 Commonwealth Games "an inspired choice" - Sep 20, 2010
- Key men missing for Ghana as they look to make history - Jun 30, 2010
- Botswana, from 'whipping boys' to 'African team of year' - Dec 30, 2011
- Euphoria engulfs Zambia after AFCON triumph - Feb 13, 2012
- Charlize Theron And Stuart Townsend Part After 9 Years Of Relationship - Feb 02, 2010