Theron not comfortable doing theatreJune 25th, 2012 - 4:32 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 25 (IANS) Actress Charlize Theron says she cannot do theatre as she is unable to handle live audience.
“I’m just not made for that kind of live audience where you don’t create a fourth wall. I take my hat off to those guys. It’s not disconnected enough for me… Some people are good at performing in front of people like that, but I’m uncomfortable at it,” the 36-year-old told Interview magazine.
“I think maybe that’s the difference between acting and being a performer… As soon as there are 200 people in a theatre watching me, I get really scared,” she added.
Theron also revealed that she had turned down offers from director Jason Reuitman to be part of his famous theatrical reading at Los Angeles’s County Museum of Arts because she could not handle the stress.
“I’ve even said to Jason, ‘I will jump off a building for you, but I will not do that,” she said.
- Space visit on Theron's wish list - May 28, 2012
- I hate riding horses: Stewart - May 27, 2012
- Theron loved time in 'spaceship' - May 10, 2012
- Son made me more creative: Theron - May 27, 2012
- Charlize Theron restarts dog collection - Dec 16, 2011
- Theron hates pretentious actors - May 20, 2012
- Theron single, says first time in 17 years - Nov 15, 2011
- Charlize Theron likes cold weather - Apr 13, 2012
- Theron forced to work on weekends - Apr 21, 2012
- Theron finds grey roles real - Jun 01, 2012
- Christina Aguilera loves her make-up - Apr 25, 2012
- Charlize Theron loves playing bad roles - Nov 14, 2011
- Theron unhappy without her golden tresses - Aug 02, 2012
- Theron auctions off date for charity - Dec 08, 2010
- Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy - Mar 16, 2012