“The Walking Dead” Of AMC Renewed For Second SeasonNovember 9th, 2010 - 8:43 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Owing to the high popularity and demand AMC series “The Walking Dead” has been renewed for second season, AMC officials announced the news to the media. The hit zombie series managed to pull around 5.3 million viewers in its premiere and the interesting plot and storyline kept the audience riveted to their seats. AMC officials announced that the upcoming season will have 13 new episodes for the audience.
AMC’s president, Charlie Collier said in his statement that the “Dead” has spread its horizons and has left its viewers asking for more. The AMC president said that no other television series has attracted ”as many adults” between the age of 18 to 49 as “The Walking Dead”. He added that the high demand of this television series “reaffirms” the hunger of audience for “premium television” on basic cable network. In his statement he also said that the whole cast and crew of the series and also the AMC officials are proud to bring back zombie apocalypse “again” for the second season for the viewers.
The senior vice president of scripted programming for Fox International Channels, Sharon Tal Yguado said that “The Walking Dead” is a television masterpiece on many levels and the viewers would want to watch at least 10 seasons of their favorite show. “The Walking Dead” is based on comic book series penned down by Robert Kirkman who is also the executive producer of the series. Andrew Lincoln plays the role of protagonist Rick Grimes who after shooting rampage by the criminals goes under coma. After waking up from coma he finds a world is invaded by zombies which seems to him to be a disorienting and post apocalyptic nightmare.
- "The Walking Dead" On AMC Gets Attention - Nov 01, 2010
- AMC Decides To Renew 'Walking Dead' Following Spectacular Ratings - Nov 09, 2010
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 2 Starts With Halloween Celebration - Nov 01, 2010
- "The Walking Dead" Cast Members Name Their Favorite Horror Films - Nov 01, 2010
- "The Walking Dead" Episode 2 Gets Attention - Nov 08, 2010
- The Walking Dead Will Take A Year’s Hiatus Before Walking Again - Dec 05, 2010
- AMC's "The Walking Dead" Writing Staff Fired? - Dec 03, 2010
- "The Walking Dead" Executive Producer Gale Ann Hurd Denies Staff Firing, Speaks About Season 2 - Dec 06, 2010
- The Walking Dead, Season One – Rave Reviews - Dec 14, 2010
- Walking Dead Season 3 trailer released - Jul 16, 2012
- Review Of 'The Walking Dead' - Nov 02, 2010
- Rubicon Set To Air On AMC - Jun 14, 2010
- AMC Decides To Cancel The Continuation Of 'Rubicon' - Nov 12, 2010
- Rick Grimes Unites With His Family In The Latest Episode Of "The Walking Dead" - Nov 15, 2010
- 'Walking Dead's' zombies 'no match for hot vampires' - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: amc, andrew lincoln, apocalyptic nightmare, basic cable, cable network, charlie collier, comic book series, executive producer, favorite show, fox international channels, gina gomez, million viewers, news to the media, protagonist, robert kirkman, second season, senior vice president, television series, walking dead, zombie apocalypse