The ugly truth behind ’sorry’ Spice Girls videoFebruary 10th, 2008 - 12:59 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 10 (ANI): The Youtube video, wherein the Spice Girls are seen apologising for cancelling their shows as well as claiming to be friends, was actually completed with great difficulty because the girls couldnt stop rowing.
A source has revealed that despite claiming to be good pals, Posh Sporty, Scary, Ginger, Baby argued constantly as they tried to record the YouTube footage for fans apologising for cancelling part of the comeback tour.
“It’s reached a level of no returnthe girls are definitely not parting from the tour as friends, News of the World quoted the source, as saying.
The special video message shows the five Spices explaining that their tour had gone on for longer than they expected and said that they couldnt continue any longer, as they missed their families too much.
While dismissing reports of a rift, Mel C pretended to punch the others and said: “And as for the fighting, we hate each other. We love each other! Are you kidding me?”
However, the source revealed that the true story is actually very different from the video, which was meant to be a PR stunt.
“The YouTube video was a total PR stunt to play down the fact they’re still fighting. They were at each other’s throats before and during the recording of the videoit took seven goes to get it right, the source said.
The insider said that there was real competition between Geri and Victoria about how to do the video.
“Geri had written a poem for the fans but the others thought it was cheesy. Geri was cross because she couldn’t have it her way, the source said.
Another bone of contention was Poshs wish to make all the girls wear Roberto Cavalli outfits.
“But they weren’t having any of it, especially Mel B who’s sick of Posh telling everyone what to do, the source said.
The insider also revealed that Victoria and Mel C argued over flowers Posh had received from hubby David.
“Victoria asked Mel C if she had got any flowers from her boyfriend and Mel took it as a dig, the source said.
However, the mole added that the only band member who is unable to cope with the break-up is Emma.
“Emma’s very teary because she’s so disappointed their revived friendship is falling to pieces, the source said. (ANI)
- Mel C had a drunken fight with Mel B - Aug 27, 2012
- No tour for Spice Girls: Mel C - Sep 05, 2011
- Pregnant Emma bonds with bandmates - Feb 21, 2011
- Jessie J blown away by Olympic closing ceremony - Aug 14, 2012
- Spice Girls divided over plans to release album of unheard songs - Mar 03, 2011
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Mel B wants another 'Spice Girls' reunion - Mar 20, 2011
- Spice Girls gear up for Royal reunion - Jan 29, 2012
- Mel B regrets missing Queen's celebrations - Jun 06, 2012
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Emma Bunton says pregnancy brings her closer to ex-Spice Girls members - Feb 22, 2011
- Ger Haliwell hopes to convince Posh for 2012 Olympics - Jan 30, 2011
- I don't need Spice Girls reunion : Mel C - Dec 03, 2011
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
- Mel C wants more children - Mar 07, 2010
Tags: bone of contention, comeback tour, friends news, ginger, hubby, insider, london feb, mel b, mel c, news of the world, pals, poem, pr stunt, roberto cavalli, spice girls, spices, true story, ugly truth, video message, youtube video