The Twilight Saga smashes Da Vinci Code book sales recordFebruary 6th, 2009 - 5:03 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Feb 6 (ANI): The Twilight Saga by US author Stephenie Meyer has broken the book sales record which had been set by Dan Brown’’s The Da Vinci Code.
As per Nielsen Bookscan, Breaking Dawn, the latest book in the four-part series, has been selling at a rate of 19,800 copies each week in Australia during January, reports News.com.au.
The Da Vinci Code had held the January sales record, selling 14,500 copies in the first month of 2005.
The four books in Meyer’’s series are currently at the top of the bestseller chart, with Breaking Dawn in first place followed by Eclipse, New Moon and Twilight.
A new edition of Twilight, released last year to tie in with the film starring Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, comes in at number seven, while Meyer’’s adult novel The Host is at number 13.
Worldwide sales for the Twilight Saga are now at 42 million copies, with 1.4 million of those sales coming from Australia.
A movie version of the second book, New Moon, is in pre-production. (ANI)
- Official Title Card Of Breaking Dawn- Part 1 Released - Jan 22, 2011
- Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol named top Christmas book - Dec 23, 2009
- Twilight author to release novella 'The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner' - Mar 31, 2010
- Argentine actress thrilled to sing, act in `Twilight' - Nov 19, 2011
- Twilight series: What Makes Fans Go Crazy? - Dec 04, 2010
- Dan Brown 'least wanted author', says Oxfam - Sep 03, 2010
- Pattinson feels too old for more 'Twilight' movies - Feb 19, 2012
- 'Breaking Dawn...' sets new record - Nov 22, 2011
- Mackenzie Foy to be a part of Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Oct 08, 2010
- Enid Blyton joins JK Rowling, Dan Brown in Amazon's best-selling authors list - Dec 17, 2009
- Would love to work with SRK: 'Twilight' star Kristen Stewart - Oct 30, 2011
- Casey LaBow To Star In "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn" - Oct 01, 2010
- Twilight author Stephanie Meyer's rags-to-riches story - Jun 04, 2010
- 'Breaking Dawn' most emotional film: Lautner - Sep 27, 2011
- Stephenie Meyer to offer her Twilight novella free on the Internet - Apr 01, 2010
Tags: adult novel, bestseller, breaking dawn, da vinci code, dan brown, eclipse, four books, january sales, kristen stewart, new edition, new moon, news com au, nielsen bookscan, number 13, number seven, robert pattinson, saga, stephenie meyer, twilight, worldwide sales