‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part I’ rakes in $283 millionNovember 21st, 2011 - 7:41 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Nov 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Twilight movie “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1” raked in almost $300 million to become the number at the Box Office. Grossing about $139.5 million, the movie became the second highest grossing Twilight movie in history. The international Box Office brought in $144 million bringing the total to $283.5 million.
Gossip Cop reports that the movie’s total budget was $110 million. The movie’s gross was more than 6 times the amount received by the second placed movie on the Box Office. Happy Feet Two’s $21.8 million was in pale comparison to the performance of the Twilight movie.
Immortals grossed $12.5 million to come third with Jack and Jill coming fourth with $12.3 million. Puss in Boots was fifth on the list of Box Office chart with $10.9 million.
The top ten Box Office earners included Tower Heist which grossed about $7.2 million. The CIA history drama J. Edgar featuring Leonardo DiCaprio was seventh with $6.6 million. With $3.2 million, “A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas,” ended the week on the eighth position. In Time grossed $2 million to become the ninth highest grossing movie with The Descendants earning $1.1 million to complete the top ten list.
- 'Immortals' opens on a strong note at the box office - Nov 15, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - Part 2' shatters several box office records - Jul 18, 2011
- 'Toy Story 3' highest grosser of 2010 - Dec 30, 2010
- 'The Green Hornet' tops weekend box-office - Jan 17, 2011
- 'Toy Story 3' named 'highest grossing film of 2010' - Dec 30, 2010
- 'The Hunger Games' gets third biggest opening ever - Mar 27, 2012
- Toy Story 3: Toys Knock Others Down In The Highest Grosser 2010 Race - Dec 30, 2010
- Tarsem Singh's 3D epic tops box office in North America - Nov 13, 2011
- 'Despicable Me' beats 'Eclipse' to top box office - Jul 12, 2010
- Pirates creates overseas record - May 23, 2011
- 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' grosses revenue of $1 billion - Aug 03, 2011
- Paranormal Activity sequel tops weekend box office with $41.5m - Oct 25, 2010
- 'The Help' is on top of the US Box Office - Sep 06, 2011
- 'Toy story 3' breaks British box office records - Jul 28, 2010
- Harry Potter finale makes history with four opening records - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: 5 million, breaking dawn, cia history, cop, descendants, earners, eighth position, happy feet, harold and kumar, heist, international box office, jack and jill, leonardo dicaprio, pale comparison, puss in boots, s gross, saga, top ten box office, top ten list, twilight