The top ten best and worst celeb ads revealedDecember 16th, 2007 - 11:41 am ICT by admin
London, Dec 16 (ANI): The advertisement for Rana Pasta featuring MP Ann Widdecombe has been voted as the Worst Celeb Advertisement.
An advert for Iceland, the frozen food chain, starring Kerry Katona Katona and Jason Donovan came second, while HS&I ad with Sir Alan Sugar landed at the third position.
The list of Top 10 Worst Celeb Ads, compiled by Campaign magazine, placed Post Office advert with Westlife, Keith Harris and others at number four, reports the Scotsman.
In another list of Top 10 Best Celeb Ads, an ad for PG Tips with Johnny Vegas and Monkey has been voted as the Best Celeb Advertisement.
Sony Vaio advert with John Malkovich landed at number two.
Other good uses of celebrities in advertising include the choice of Mr T for Snickers, in which he drives a tank across a football pitch; Darth Vader for Woolworths and Paul Whitehouse for Asda.
Ten worst celeb ads:
1. Rana Pasta with Ann Widdecombe
2. Iceland with Kerry Katona Katona and Jason Donovan
3. HS&I with Sir Alan Sugar
4. Post Office with Westlife, Keith Harris and others
5. Bird’s Eye with Suggs
6. Littlewoods Christmas ad with Trinny and Susannah
7. Abbey with Lewis Hamilton
8. Nintendo with Nicole Kidman
9. Gordon’s Gin with Gordon Ramsay
10. Tesco with the Spice Girls
Ten best celeb ads:
1. PG Tips with Johnny Vegas and Monkey
2. Sony Vaio with John Malkovich
3. Snickers with Mr T
4. Woolworths with Darth Vader
5. Nintendo with Steve Davis
6. BBC Radio 2 with Chris Evans and Russell Brand
7. Marks & Spencer with Antonio Banderas and others
8. Asda with Paul Whitehouse
9. Oxfam Unrapped with Helen Mirren, Rob Brydon and others
10. Ladbrokes with Ian Wright, Ally McCoist and others