The top 10 highest grossing filmsNovember 15th, 2010 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Nov 15 (ANI): ‘Megamind’ has topped this weekend’s box office, leading the way with an estimated 30.1 million dollars, and upping its overall take to 90 million dollars.
‘Morning Glory’, the pedigreed TV news comedy with Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton, bowed in fifth place, with under 10 million dollars.
Since opening on Wednesday, the movie has grossed 12.2 million dollars, a start that’ll probably doom it to ending up on the wrong side of its modest 40million-dollar budget.
Skyline’s debut wasn’t much bigger than Morning Glory’s, and yet it was a whole lot more successful, reports E!Online.
The no-star alien-invasion flick came away with 11.7 million dollars, leaving the film already on the right side of its Hollywood-cheap 10 million-dollar budget.
Denzel Washington’s ‘Unstoppable’ did what Denzel Washington runaway-train movies, a la ‘The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3′, do: about 23 million dollar.
Among the holdovers, James Franco’s 127 Hours had a fantastic second weekend, Robert Downey Jr.’s Due Date had a nice one, and Tyler Perry’s For Colored Girls had a nosedive-y one.
Overall, it was not a weekend of holiday cheer for Hollywood. Ticket sales were down 20 percent from last weekend, and about 12 percent from last year, when 2012 saved the day, so to speak.
Here’s a complete look at the weekend’s top-grossing films, compiled by Exhibitor Relations:
1. Megamind, 30.1 million dollars
2. Unstoppable, 23.5 million dollars
3. Due Date, 15.5 million dollars
4. Skyline, 11.7 million dollars
5. Morning Glory, 9.6 million dollars
6. For Colored Girls, 6.8 million dollars
7. Red, 5.1 million dollars
8. Paranormal Activity 2, 3.1 million dollars
9. Saw 3D, 2.8 million dollars
10. Jackass 3D, 2.3 million dollars (ANI)
- Megamind upstages Unstoppable in the box office test - Nov 15, 2010
- 3D movie 'Megamind' tops US box office - Nov 08, 2010
- 'Tangled' beats 'Harry Potter' at the weekend box office - Dec 06, 2010
- Megamind sets the box office on fire - Nov 08, 2010
- 'Narnia 3' tops the US box office - Dec 13, 2010
- Paranormal Activity sequel tops weekend box office with $41.5m - Oct 25, 2010
- 'The Roommate' tops Super Bowl-sapped weekend box office - Feb 07, 2011
- 'The Green Hornet' tops weekend box-office - Jan 17, 2011
- 'Rio' tops Easter weekend box-office earnings - Apr 25, 2011
- 'Expendables' is highest grossing movie at the box office - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Saw 3D' tops weekend box-office with $24.2 million - Nov 01, 2010
- 'Jackass 3-D' tops weekend's box-office with $50 million - Oct 18, 2010
- 'True Grit' rules the charts on first 2011 weekend - Jan 10, 2011
- 'Despicable Me' beats 'Eclipse' to top box office - Jul 12, 2010
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows spreads its charm on the box office - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: 1 million dollars, alien invasion, colored girls, diane keaton, dollar budget, exhibitor relations, harrison ford, highest grossing films, holiday cheer, james franco, megamind, paranormal activity, rachel mcadams, robert downey, robert downey jr, runaway train, s box, top 10 highest grossing films, top grossing films, tyler perry