“The Talk”: A New Show On CBSOctober 18th, 2010 - 8:31 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Oct 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) CBS has come up with a new show, in what is being seen as a retaliation against ABC’s ” The View”. The CBS show “The Talk” is scheduled to be aired on Monday. The show will have a number of well known women giving their opinion on some issue.
As to the topics that will be discussed on the show, the subjects will include bullying, spanking and lying to one’s kids. The executive producer while talking on the subjects said, “everything you would talk about if you sat with your group of friends over coffee”. As for the ABC show “The View”, he said that he respects that show and finds it flattering to have their show compared to it but he thinks that their show is different from “The View”.
The show will have co-hosts, Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini and Marissa Jaret Winokur. Sara Gilbert, a cohost on the show, “The Talk” said that the show will have a specific perspective, motherhood. While Julie Chen said that she has a 10 year old at home and this is her calling. She said that she has the same questions as Sara Gilbert did, when she first became a mom.
The cohost are prepared for the fact that their personal lives may come up on the show. Julie Chen has expressed hope that “The Talk” will be able to attract all members of the family to discussion, and not just moms. The show according to her, will have the six women talking about issues, which everyone is thinking about, without an edit button.
- 'The Talk' to be telecast on CBS - Oct 18, 2010
- "The Talk" Premieres On CBS - Oct 19, 2010
- Sara Gilbert's 'View'-like Talk Show to Replace 'As the World Turns' - Jul 22, 2010
- Sara Gilbert's talk show to replace 'As the World Turns' - Jul 22, 2010
- Sara Gilbert Show To Replace "As The World Turns" - Jul 22, 2010
- Chat Show Of Sara Gilbert To Substitute 'As The World Turns' Of CBS - Jul 22, 2010
- Sara Gilbert's New Talk Show Coming On CBS - Jul 23, 2010
- Osbourne reignites war of words with Aguilera - Oct 18, 2011
- Sara Gilbert Confirms Allison Adler Is Her Lesbian Partner - Jul 30, 2010
- ‘Teen Mom’ Cast Amber Portwood Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges - Dec 28, 2010
- Julie Chen Laughs At Herself On CBS Show - Jan 07, 2010
- O'Reilly's 'Muslims killed us on 9/11' remark prompts Whoopi to walk off - Oct 15, 2010
- Kris Jenner wants her own talk show - Jul 19, 2012
- Gayle King debuts on CBS show 'This Morning' - Jan 09, 2012
- Katie Couric inks $20 million deal with ABC - May 06, 2011
Tags: abc show, cbs, coffee, executive producer, gina gomez, holly robinson, holly robinson peete, hosts, julie chen, leah remini, marissa jaret winokur, members of the family, mom, motherhood, personal lives, perspective, retaliation, sara gilbert, sharon osbourne