The Simpsons’ contest allows winner to create characterOctober 17th, 2009 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 17 (ANI): If you think you’ve the creativity and humor to create a character as funny as Bart, Lisa or Homer, then enter “The Simpsons” brand-new contest.
To continue The Simpsons’ season-long celebration of its 20th anniversary, the show is giving one lucky contest winner the chance to create a character for the animated TV series, reports The Telegraph.
The winner of the new character gets a trip to Los Angeles to work with producers and the show’s animation director. And the new resident of Springfield will appear in an early 2010 episode featuring Coldplay’s Chris Martin as guest star.
The contest, part of the Fox show’s 20th-anniversary celebration, is for those 18 and older. It opened Friday and will end Oct. 24.
Executive producer Al Jean says online submissions at thesimpsons.com should be “pithy and funny.” Jean will help judge them. (ANI)
- Gordon Ramsay to star in 'The Simpsons' - Nov 13, 2011
- 'The Simpsons' Fetches The Approval Of FOX For Its 23rd Season - Nov 12, 2010
- Katy Perry on The Simpsons - Sep 29, 2010
- Bieber to do cameo in 'The Simpsons' - Aug 23, 2012
- 'The Simpsons' are not Catholic, say producers - Oct 22, 2010
- "The Simpsons" Season 23 To Start Next Year - Nov 12, 2010
- Halle Berry In A Cameo Role On The Simpsons - Jul 26, 2010
- Hindus smell greed in Vatican declaring "Simpsons" as Catholics - Nov 01, 2010
- Tom Waits to do cameo in 'The Simpsons' - Aug 27, 2012
- 'The Simpsons' to return for 23rd season - Nov 13, 2010
- The Simpsons celebrates its 20th anniversary - Jan 06, 2010
- 'The Simpsons' To Make A Comeback In 2012 - Nov 15, 2010
- Cumberbatch to star in 'The Simpsons' - Jul 06, 2012
- Halle Berry to do cameo on 'The Simpsons' - Jul 26, 2010
- Vatican newspaper declares 'Homer Simpson a true Catholic' - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: 20th anniversary, al jean, animated tv series, animation director, anniversary celebration, bart lisa, chris martin, coldplay, contest winner, creativity, executive producer, fox, guest star, homer, humor, london, producers, submissions, telegraph