‘The Simpsons’ cast members fight over pay disputeOctober 7th, 2011 - 10:40 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Oct 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) FOX has reportedly handed the casts and the creator of The Simpsons an ultimatum to accept a budget cut or risk the show being taken off air. The Simpsons has been on the screens for 23 seasons and it is one of the longest running programs in the United States. It is in its 23rd season and fast approaching the 500th episode mark.
The Vancouver Sun reports that FOX plans to cut the salary of the voice actors by up to 45 percent. The report said the actors have up to Friday to accept the deal if the show will continue to air.
FOX cites poor ratings and dwindling revenue for the decision. According to the International Business Times, the voice actors of the show receive $440,000 for every episode of the show but FOX wants to bring that down to $250,000 per episode.
The report claims that actors have agreed to receive $300,000 per episode and none of the parties seem ready to budge.
In a statement, FOX said that, “We believe this brilliant series can and should continue, but we cannot produce future seasons under its current financial model. We are hopeful that we can reach an agreement with the voice cast that allows The Simpsons to go on entertaining audiences with original episodes for many years to come.”
- 'The Simpsons' aired their 500th Episode - Feb 20, 2012
- Lady Gaga to do a voiceover for The Simpsons - Aug 24, 2011
- 'The Simpsons' all set to get their own channel - Sep 26, 2011
- 'Arrested Development' new season coming up - Oct 03, 2011
- 'The Simpsons' To Make A Comeback In 2012 - Nov 15, 2010
- Oscar Winner Cate Blanchett lends her voice to 'Family Guy' - Apr 30, 2011
- Kardashian's sisters all set to star as guest stars on the show 90210 - Jul 01, 2010
- Scott Foley To Join The Cast Of 'Grey's Anatomy' - Oct 30, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe to appear as a vampire on 'The Simpsons' - Oct 29, 2010
- Angus T. Jones Signs $8.3 Million Deal - Oct 11, 2010
- 'Two and Half Men' reboot is in the pipeline - Apr 29, 2011
- Justin Timberlake to play gay in a cartoon comedy - Aug 06, 2010
- 'Mad Men' reruns to be streamed on Netflix - Apr 07, 2011
- Women's role in Hollywood reduced: Study - Aug 24, 2011
- Britney 'Glee' episode 'in the works' - Jul 11, 2010
Tags: audiences, brilliant series, budget, business times, cast members, casts, financial model, fox, international business, oct 7, running programs, salary, screens, sun reports, ultimatum, united states, vancouver sun, voice actors