The Rachael Ray Show: Emilio Estefan StarsJanuary 20th, 2010 - 12:50 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
By Angela Kaye Mason
Jan 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Teens Who Lost Half of Themselves
Max and Bernice are two teenagers who had let their eating habits and such get out of hand. Max said that he used to constantly eat, and probably took in 5000 calories a day! Bernice said at 15 years old, she weighed the same as her dad who was 45 years old. Bernice began to eat better and to exercise, and she lost 132 pounds. Max lost 130 pounds. They both looked incredible! Bernice said that a big challenge for her was that everyone in her family ate differently and it was really hard not to give in and eat what they had. These kids were featured in People Magazine’s “Half Their Size” section that they do every year. This is the first year they have ever featured teens. Bernice said that the most fun thing she is doing now since losing the wight is shopping. She had always hated shopping because of the self-esteem problems. She also enjoyed getting to ride a bike, she had never learned how. Max said he is spending time with his own organization, “People Helping Overweight America” and that at his school, they actually taste every food that comes out of the cafeteria, and there are NO fryers in the kitchen at his school. Max uses his Ipod to workout. He does not time it, but started out by working out to 5 songs. He increases it every week, and is now up to 30 songs. Bernice said she takes her own snack foods, such as grapes, to the movies with her to avoid the high calorie snacks there. “The Rachael Ray Show” gave both of these kids a $500 gift card to American Outfitters to shop for new clothes.
The Top Products Tested By Parents in 2010
Today on “The Rachael Ray Show” Rachael sent cameras along to test products, along with moms. The PopATot Activity Center got rave reviews! It was an excellent way to set a child down long enough to do something else, and keep them in your sites, while they stayed entertained. Sharon, from Parent Tested Parent Approved said that all of the testers are volunteers, and there is a blog there where the parents can go to the website, and see what real parents think about each product.
Emilio Estefan Stars
Emilio Estefan has written a new book on how to achieve success. It is called “The Rhythm of Success: How an Immigrant Produced His Own American Dream.” He told Rachael that he feels having a wonderful family has helped him be successful, but he also added that he feels people are more happy when they have came from the bottom. They truly know what it is they have achieved. He said he never wants to forget where he came from. He has won 10 Grammy Awards, and has helped many people such as “Ricky Martin”, “Shakira”, “The Miami Sound Machine”, and many more. Shakira did not even speak English when Emilio decide to produce her first English album.
What’s For Dinner?
On today’s “What’s For Dinner” segment of “The Rachael Ray Show” Rachael made a delicious looking recipe she called “Palomilla Patty Melts with Yellow Mustard Slaw.” Made with ground sirloin, and Swiss cheese, this is an excellent choice for “Burger Night.” The recipe can be found here.
As usual I hope you enjoyed reading about today’s show as much as I enjoyed watching! You will remember to Retweet and Buzz Up for me won’t you? Thank you!
- Bill Clinton Stars on 'Rachael Ray' Show - Sep 20, 2011
- Venezuelan singer grateful to Emilio Estefan - Nov 05, 2011
- The Rachael Ray Show: Top 10 for 2010 - Jan 09, 2010
- The Rachael Ray Show: Viewer Lost 95 Lbs w/Rachael Recipes - Jan 14, 2010
- The Rachael Ray Show - 400 Calorie Fix - Jan 05, 2010
- Rachael Ray: Catering Kim Kardashian's Wedding Shower - Oct 11, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Poppy Montgomery & Linda Evans - Oct 18, 2011
- Dr Oz Convinces Paula Dean to Stop Smoking, Cook Healthier - Oct 12, 2011
- The Rachael Ray Show: Diet Killers and French Love - Jan 15, 2010
- Michelle Obama branded a 'hypocrite' for 'eating ribs on ski vacation' - Feb 22, 2011
- You bet! On Diwali, teen patti wins over poker - Oct 30, 2010
- Rachael Ray: Nick Lachey of 'The Sing Off' Stars - Oct 04, 2011
- The Rachael Ray Show: Jo Frost and Melina Kanakaredes - Jan 13, 2010
- Teens growing addicted to junk food - Jul 29, 2011
- Gloria Estefan to appear on `Glee' - May 10, 2012
Tags: 45 years, activity center, american outfitters, bernice, cafeteria, eating habits, emilio estefan, fryers, fun thing, grapes, jan 19, own organization, people magazine, rachael ray, rachael ray show, self esteem problems, snack foods, spending time, two teenagers, wight