The Rachael Ray Show - 400 Calorie FixJanuary 5th, 2010 - 12:29 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
By Angela Kaye Mason
Jan 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Today’s episode on “The Rachael Ray Show” focused on the book “The 400 Calorie Fix” to help lose those holiday pounds. The basis of this book, is that most diets expect us to stop eating certain foods, and we simply cannot stick to that. This diet instead, teaches us to focus on only eating 400 calories at a time. You can eat whatever you want, as long as you do not go over 400 calories. You are allowed 4 meals a day. To lose weight quickly, go to 300 calories at a time, but do not stay on this long. This method teaches you how to eat, and keeps your metabolism from spiking because you keep the same amount of food in your system all the time. “Liz Vaccariello” wrote this book, she is the editor of “Prevention” magazine. She also gave us a few tips for losing weight. Eat off of a smaller plate, do not have the lights too bright, keep away from computers and televisions while eating, turn off the kitchen lights when you are done eating to signal that you are through eating, put healthy snacks within easy reach and the unhealthy snacks out of reach, if you have them at all. Put one serving of high calorie foods on each plate, and place the vegetables on the table for everyone to have seconds. The advice found in this book is great for eating out, because you can have whatever you like as long as it is under 400 calories. Anytime you have a craving for something, fit it into your 400 calorie meal. Everyone in the audience got a copy of the book.
“Anna Torv” from the new hit television show “Fringe’ was the next guest on “The Rachel Ray Show.” She and Rachael laughed at some of the spooky and disgusting things she has had to see on the set. Anna Torv is Australian, and has a full Australian accent, but had to learn the American accent for the show. She spoke in her natural way on the show, and Rachel commented that it didn’t sound the way we were used to hearing her. Anna married her co-star, Mark Valley, whom she met on the set. She gave everyone in the audience the entire season of the show “Fringe.”
“Michele Beschen” who is the host of the “PBS” show “B Organic” showed us different ways that we can recycle our Christmas decorations, such as trees, etc. She shared with us how to make everything from coaster to necklaces out of Christmas trees, ornaments, lights, and such. Ideas and the direction of how to do this are found here Christmas Recycled.
For Rachael’s “What’s for Dinner” segment of the show, she showed us how to make “Spicy Peanut Chicken.” She explained to us that when she is thinking of having carryout, that she prefers to make her own so that she can control the salt, fat oil, and so forth. She also added that you can fix this meal faster than the carryout can get to you. Served over brown rice, this looked delicious. You can find the recipe here…Spicy Peanut Chicken. Rachel shared a couple of tips as she cooked. One, to keep fresh ginger, freeze it. It will be much easier to grate and will stay fresh forever. The second tip…although she used boneless, skinless legs and thighs, you can make this meal even leaner f you use boneless, skinless breasts.
Today’s show was full of ideas and tips, that we all can use. I really enjoyed watching it. Now, I am hungry. Can’t wait to see “What’s for Dinner?’ tomorrow!
- Rachael Ray in the Kitchen with Tyra Banks and Rocco DiSpirito - Oct 06, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Rachel Bilson Gives Fashion Advice - Oct 12, 2011
- The Rachael Ray Show: Viewer Lost 95 Lbs w/Rachael Recipes - Jan 14, 2010
- Don't skip meals to shed weight - Jul 15, 2012
- World's fattest mum eats 30,000-calorie Christmas feast in single sitting - Dec 27, 2010
- Dr Oz: Five Habits Which Make You Fat - Oct 05, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Extreme Couponing, Salma Hayek - Sep 21, 2011
- The Rachael Ray Show: Emilio Estefan Stars - Jan 20, 2010
- Travel easy with diabetes (Health Feature)(With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- The Rachael Ray Show: Diet Killers and French Love - Jan 15, 2010
- Cut your flab 'while at office, outside and even when asleep' - Apr 24, 2011
- How chefs can help combat obesity by creating reduced-calorie meals - Nov 06, 2010
- The Rachael Ray Show: Ultimate Tip Off Show 3 - Feb 09, 2010
- The Rachael Ray Show: Top 10 for 2010 - Jan 09, 2010
- An egg a day keeps unwanted calories at bay - Dec 11, 2011
Tags: american accent, anna torv, australian accent, calorie meal, calories, co star, disgusting things, healthy snacks, high calorie foods, holiday pounds, mark valley, news today, prevention magazine, rachael ray, rachel ray, star mark, television show, time liz, tips for losing weight, unhealthy snacks