The Police reunion trek named 2007s highest grossing North American tourDecember 22nd, 2007 - 5:32 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Dec 22 (ANI): British rock group The Polices reunion trek has been named the top grossing and top ticket selling tour of 2007 in North America.
The British rock groups trek has become the number one top-grossing tour with earnings of 131.9 million dollars, reports E! Online.
According to concert trade Pollstar, the trio’s reunion tours sales were nearly double the amount of country star Kenny Chesney, who finished second with 71.1 million dollars.
Justin Timberlake stood third with earnings of 70.6 million dollars while Celine Dion landed at fourth position with 65.3 million dollars.
Van Halen rounded off the top five with 56.7 million dollars.
Top 10 highest grossing North American tours:
1. The Police (131.9 millon dollars)
2. Kenny Chesney (71.1 million dollars)
3. Justin Timberlake (70.6 million dollars)
4. Celine Dion (65.3 million dollars)
5. Van Halen (56.7 million dollars)
6. Tim McGraw/Faith Hill (52.3 million dollars)
7. Rod Stewart (49 million dollars)
8. Genesis (47.6 million dollars)
9. Josh Groban (43 million dollars)
10. Rascal Flatts (41.5 million dollars)
Tags: 1 million dollars, 5 million, 6 million, celine dion, country star, faith hill, genesis, highest grossing north american tour, josh groban, justin timberlake, kenny chesney, millon dollars, polices, rascal flatts, reunion tours, rock group, rock groups, rod stewart, tim mcgraw, van halen