‘The Pianist’ changed BrodyJuly 9th, 2012 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 9 (IANS) Actor Adrien Brody says he felt he was a changed man after working in Oscar-winning movie “The Pianist”.
In the film, which released in 2002, the 39-year-old actor played a Polish-Jewish musician in the World War II period. He feels playing the role with immense dedication took a toll on him.
“There were severe transitions that I put myself through physically and emotionally… I shot it when I was 27, and that was my real awakening and entrance into adulthood, that responsibility, and awareness of my own good fortune that I had taken for granted,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Brody as saying.
Brody won the Academy award for the best actor for his performance in the movie, when he was 29. He became the youngest actor to win the title back in 2003.
- Adrien Brody survived freezing night outdoors eating bugs for new role - Sep 22, 2010
- Adrien Brody To Play High School Teacher In Detachment - Aug 11, 2010
- Rachel Weisz had to go versatile for movie - Jun 08, 2010
- 'Motor City' not moving ahead - Sep 03, 2012
- Adrien Brody found spirituality in India - Aug 02, 2010
- Al Pacino to play Joe Paterno - Sep 12, 2012
- I'm not as serious as my film roles: Adrien Brody (Interview) - Oct 17, 2010
- 'Detachment' bought back memories: Adrien Brody - Mar 30, 2012
- Tibetan monk-musician makes music across cultures (With Image) - Aug 15, 2012
- Russell Crowe to play lead in 'The Equalizer' - Jun 17, 2010
- Denzel Washington fails to impress his kids - Feb 16, 2012
- No cannabis at work: Jeff Bridges - Aug 25, 2011
- Janet Jackson to produce movies - Mar 16, 2011
- 'Rocky The Musical' to open in Germany next year - Nov 23, 2011
- Adrien Brody gave up sex for 'Predators' role - Jul 16, 2010