The Perks Of Being A Wallflower: Rumored To Be Taken Up By Summit EntertainmentJanuary 26th, 2011 - 3:50 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
The talked about novel ‘The Perks of Being A Wallflower’ by Stephen Chbosky is rumored to be adapted for the big screen and is already expected to hit the screens this year. The buzz is that Summit Entertainment has shown interest to take up the project and finance it.
Soon Summit’s money churner Twilight Saga series will end with the release of the last part of Breaking Dawn next year, so it’s actually not a bad move to take up another project dealing with the young-adults. Perks is already known for its strong and dedicated fan-base that caters to the YA, hence taking up the project is a good move on the part of the studio.
Also the alleged involvement of Emma Watson with the film is only pushing it towards thriving in the box-office, since everyone wants to see the actress beyond the Harry Potter’s Hermione Granger image. Emma’s announcement that she might just quit doing films post the Harry Potter series will also increase the intrigue to see the film which might be her last.
So keeping all these matters into account Summit is rumored to make the announcement of doing the film with Emma and Logan Lerman in coming weeks. The book deals with the life of a teenager named Charlie and explore the issues as drug abuse, homosexuality, teenage sexuality, the awkwardness faced by the adolescents and introversion.
- Emma Watson to flaunt her body in next - Jul 11, 2011
- Watson confirms doing 'Perks Of Being A Wallflower' - Feb 11, 2011
- Watson got emotional at 'Perks of...' premiere - Sep 13, 2012
- Emma Watson is dating Johnny Simmon! - Jun 16, 2011
- Emma Watson is planning to go back to Brown University - Jul 19, 2011
- Emma Watson to star in 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' - Feb 11, 2011
- Lerman feels lucky to kiss Watson - Jun 05, 2012
- Emma Watson Returns To What She Is Best At, Playing Hermione Granger - Dec 22, 2010
- Emma Watson Feels Sick Of Her 'Harry Potter' Fortune - Nov 04, 2010
- Emma Watson: In Love, But Never Experienced Broken Heart - Nov 15, 2010
- Watson to star in 'Beauty And The Beast' adaptation - Jul 20, 2011
- Emma Watson not dating Johnny Simmons - Jun 18, 2011
- Harry Potter's Watson, Grint are Forbes' top-earning couple with $6.3bn - Jan 27, 2011
- Emma Watson plans to lead a normal life - Jul 12, 2011
- Emma Watson owns 20 Bibles - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: actress, adolescents, awkwardness, bad move, book deals, breaking dawn, drug abuse, emma watson, fan base, harry potter, harry potter series, hermione granger, intrigue, logan lerman, perks of being a wallflower, saga series, summit entertainment, teenage sexuality, wallflower by stephen chbosky, young adults