‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ To Focus On Viewers On Its 25th & Final SeasonSeptember 13th, 2010 - 8:02 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
September 13, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): It is time to bid good bye to ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ which is destined to begin its final season this Monday. Oprah had disclosed her plans of taking it off air last year by announcing it on her show’s website.
25 seasons have gone past since the beginning of the show and Winfrey had said that she can feel it in her bones. Yanking it off air feels just right after 25 years as it is the perfect time and the right number to do so. She concluded. The hugely popular TV personality has promised that her show will definitely end on a high note.
Winfrey is planning to move on to her own network, OWN and said that she has different set of standards for her guests this season. The premiere show will feature the two country stars Naomi and Wynonna. It is also expected to feature a host of celebrities as well as have a surprise musical performance.
The Oprah Winfrey Show’ went on air in September, 1986. Winfrey admitted to have been very excited and not a little nervous on being given this opportunity. She went on to say that she could never have imagined the amount of success that brought her to the ‘yellow brick road’ of blessings enabling her to build an amazing rapport with her viewers.
She also told the TV Guide that the show hadn’t actually been a part of her life. On the contrary, it had simply been her whole life, she did not have any children but had been blessed by the show.
She also promises not to get overly emotional but she admits that she will miss her viewers. She can only hope that some of them will move on to OWN along with her.
Bill Carroll, one of the daytime TV experts says that he expects Oprah to pull out all stops for the concluding season.
- Oprah - The Queen Of Daytime TV - Oct 18, 2010
- Naomi Judd And Wynonna Judd Appears On "The Oprah Winfrey Show" - Sep 15, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey's Fresh OWN Channel Receives An Average Of 1 Million Viewers On Its Debut - Jan 04, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey's new OWN channel averaged 1 million viewers - Jan 04, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey's show enters its final & 25th season - Sep 13, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey's OWN struggling to pull in viewers - Mar 01, 2011
- "The Oprah Winfrey Show" Begins Its 25th Season Tonight - Sep 13, 2010
- Winfrey 'grateful' her TV network launched to successful viewing figures - Jan 08, 2011
- Will Oprah's new TV network strike a chord with viewers? - Jan 02, 2011
- Oprah reveals family secret: A secret half sister who was put up for adoption at birth - Jan 25, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey appears sans make-up, in bathtub in OWN preview - Dec 31, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey Unveils Her Television Network Details - Apr 09, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey honored at Daytime Emmys - Jun 21, 2011
- Get Set For Oprah Winfrey Network - Dec 10, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey Surprises Her Audience By Announcing A Trip To Australia - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: blessings, country stars, daytime tv, good bye, high note, men at work, musical performance, naomi, oprah winfrey, oprah winfrey show, pen men, perfect time, popular tv, september 13, tv experts, tv guide, tv personality, whole life, wynonna, yellow brick road