The New IKEA Commercial Featuring 100 Cats Grabs EyeballsSeptember 18th, 2010 - 9:21 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Sep 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) IKEA, the privately held, international home products of Dutch corporation that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture, appliances and home accessories has recently launched an innovative commercial which has grabbed lot of eyeballs. The world’s largest furniture retailer has featured 100 cats inside their mega- store in Wembley, London. The IKEA officials say that for their advertisement the company officials released 100 cats in their Wembley flagship store and filmed them.
The commercial was released on web on September 9, 2010 which is a part of a television and ad campaign that will feature the 100 cats in different places inside the shop in 30 and 90 seconds spot. The tagline for the advertisement is “happy inside”. The new commercial is titled as “Herding Cats” and the web portals are also showing the making of the video and the campaigns with the owners of these cats. The creative director of the project, Feh Tarty, in one of his interviews said that the cats know better than anything “what makes” them happy inside. At the same time the creative director feels that the cats live their lives in pursuit of their own comfort.
Feh Tarty also added that to prove this point the company officials released a hundred cats inside their IKEA store to see which furniture made these cats happy. The IKEA website states that the commercial is a part of their “integrated” campaign where the users will have to guess which furniture the cats in the ad “settled themselves” in and in result they will win the furniture in “question”. The media reports that the new commercial of IKEA is a part of their marketing strategy to launch their Swedish retailer’s new catalog.
- IKEA Features 100 Cats In Its New Commercial - Sep 11, 2010
- 100 Cats Inside The Ikea Store - Sep 11, 2010
- IKEA to invest $1.9 billion in India - Jun 22, 2012
- Why shoppers find it hard to escape from Ikea stores - Jan 24, 2011
- Zombie Look Of Sears' Site Grabs Many Eye-Balls - Oct 28, 2010
- India may tweak SME definition for IKEA investment - Aug 04, 2012
- Ikea slammed for using Mafia stereotypes in advert - Apr 18, 2011
- Nipple squeezing breast cancer advert faces flak in Singapore - Sep 10, 2010
- Ikea's racism row over employment of security guards - Jun 13, 2012
- The Funniest Commercials Of 2009 - Dec 16, 2009
- Theron, Bloom new faces of Japanese fashion brand - Aug 29, 2010
- Eyeing small town India, subsidised condom set to be trendier - Jun 25, 2012
- Justin Bieber And Ozzy Osbourne Appears In Super Bowl Commercial - Feb 07, 2011
- Amul's India: The 50-year-campaign in fine print (IANS BOOKS) - Jun 15, 2012
- Serena Williams' gaming ad deemed too sexy for TV - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: ad campaign, company officials, creative director, different places, dutch corporation, eyeballs, flagship store, furniture appliances, furniture retailer, gina gomez, herding cats, home accessories, ikea store, largest furniture, marketing strategy, mega store, ready to assemble furniture, september 9, tarty, wembley london