The music album is composed keeping in mind the likes of the music lovers-Akriti KakarApril 22nd, 2010 - 9:13 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
April 22, 2010 (Sampurn Wire):Singer Akriti Kakar is well-known to go on a world tour with music maestros Kalyan Ji and Anand ji in her childhood. But that’s not why she is in the news these days. The talented young singer Akriti Kakar has launched her very first namesake music album titled “Akriti” and released by Sony Music. Her music album comprises 7 songs out of which she has composed the music for 5 songs. Music sensation Shankar Mahadevan has composed the music for 2 songs. Recently we spoke to Akriti and asked her about her newly launched album, she said “Many people advised me to not release the album so soon, but I was adamant and I released it because I believe that if the product is good, people are bound to appreciate it exactly same way if the music is good, people will buy the album and listen to the songs.
The 7 songs in my album are all sung in varied moods. The songs are written by Rani Malik, Nilesh Mishra and Manoj Yadav. “Ghazab Dha Gaye” is a dance number, “Chune Do” is a romantic song, and the song “Tabeez” is a beautiful composition, composed by none other than Shankar Mahadevan. The song “Mehram” is also composed by Shankar Ji. This song has been made into a music video which is directed by Shiraj, who has made music videos of noted singers Shubha Mudgal, Rahul Sharma, Shafakat Amanat Ali. I have dedicated one song to Noorjahan Ji who was my inspiration and my mentor since childhood.”
Akriti likes listening to classical singer Kishori Amonkar and pop-icon Mariah Carey’s songs in her free time. Akriti has earlier sung songs in 2 albums- “Baby Doll” and “A-Teen”. She sang the remixes in the albums “Rangeela Re” and “Aise tadpu ke jal bin macchli” which had become instant hits amongst the audiences. Akriti has also sung as a playback singer in the movies “Dus”, “Namaste London”, “Apne”, “Billu”, “Welcome”, “My name is Anthony Gonsalves”, “Chupke Chupke”,” Hari Puttar”, “Good boy, bad boy”,” Kismat connection”, “3 nights 4 days”,” Dhol”, “Red”, “Johnny Gaddar”, “Golmaal Returns” etc.
Here’s what she has to say on Shankar Mahadevan “Shankar Ji has always supported me and he always encourages youngsters like me. I am very lucky and proud of the fact that he has composed the music for 2 of my songs in this music album”.
We asked her if she’s nervous if her album would be a hit on not, to which she replies in a very calm and composed manner “I have put in all my efforts to make sure my album comes out to be very unique and melodious. I am sure that my album would be able to strike the right chord with the audiences.
Akriti’s fans definitely would be glad to know that apart from her album she is going to be a playback singer in three forthcoming movies “Do Duni Char”, “Pappu Can’t Dance”, and “Life isse gale laga le”.
- I'm often called the voice of Katrina Kaif, says Delhi girl - Feb 12, 2009
- "I didn't have Bhansali to launch me" - Akriti Kakar - May 25, 2010
- 'Damarukam' album satisfying, but lacks class (Telugu Music Review) - Sep 13, 2012
- Today's songs lack good lyrics: Kavita Krishnamurthy - Jan 18, 2012
- Shamir Tandon set to launch anti-piracy song - Apr 25, 2012
- 'Tere Bin Laden' soundtrack quirky, but average (IANS Music Review) - Jun 30, 2010
- Akriti Kakkar to launch namesake album 'Akriti'! - Mar 25, 2010
- Asha Bhosle wishes for audience's love on birthday - Sep 06, 2012
- Solo album magic wanes: Digital media may revive it - Aug 07, 2012
- 'Dabangg' sweeps GIMA with six awards - Sep 23, 2011
- Veteran Marathi music composer Khale dead - Sep 02, 2011
- Sowmya Raoh sings for Rani again! - Sep 19, 2012
- Rahat's detention upsets some, others tightlipped - Feb 15, 2011
- Would love to do more Tamil films: Shankar, Ehsaan, Loy - Sep 08, 2012
- Singer Chitra set to celebrate three decades in music industry - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: amanat ali, chune, classical singer, dance number, gonsalves, kakar, manoj, mehram, mishra, music album, music maestros, music sensation, namaste london, playback singer, pop icon, rahul sharma, romantic song, shankar mahadevan, songs music, sony music