‘The Muppets’ recieves star on Hollywood Walk of FameMarch 22nd, 2012 - 4:36 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, March 22 (IANS) Popular puppet group “The Muppets” has received the 2,466th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles.
The Jim Henson-created puppet group, made up of characters Miss Piggy, Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear among many others, turned up at the special ceremony, which saw them take the star on the sidewalk in front of the El Capitan Theatre at the Hollywood Boulevard, reported femalefirst.co.uk.
Kermit said he was delighted to receive the accolade.
“We are just really happy to be on Hollywood Boulevard today, joining some of the greatest names in showbiz,” Kermit told the crowd.
“The Muppets” are not the first fictional characters to receive a star on Hollywood Boulevard. Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Sesame Street’s Big Bird, Shrek and Snow White have all previously been awarded the accolade.
- Muppets meet horrible fates in Saw Parody - Nov 18, 2011
- OK Go & Muppets team up for a music video - Aug 24, 2011
- Paltrow to perform at Grammy awards - Feb 03, 2011
- Clooney gets challenged for wrestling match - Feb 07, 2012
- Muppet Show to make TV comeback after 27 years - Aug 28, 2008
- 'The Muppets'-A fun, imaginative return of puppets (IANS Movie Review; Rating: ****) - Nov 26, 2011
- The Bert-Ernie-Gay controversy rages on with new Twitter messages from him - Oct 27, 2010
- 'The Muppets' sequel in process? - Mar 05, 2012
- Bryan Adams to receive Hollywood Walk of Fame star - Mar 17, 2011
- Stan Lee honored with a Hollywood star - Jan 05, 2011
- Katy Perry to appear on 'The Simpsons' - Sep 27, 2010
- Disney's Muppets Adaptation To Star Ricky Gervais? - Dec 03, 2010
- 30 more to get Hollywood Walk of Fame stars - Jun 19, 2010
- Pepe Aguilar gets star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame - Jul 27, 2012
- Comic writer Stan Lee receives Hollywood star - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: accolade, big bird, bugs bunny, crowd, el capitan theatre, femalefirst, fictional characters, frog, hollywood boulevard, hollywood walk of fame, jim henson, mickey mouse, muppets, puppet, sesame street, showbiz, shrek, sidewalk, snow white, walk of fame