‘The King’s Speech’ wins seven awards at 2011 BaftasFebruary 14th, 2011 - 2:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 14 (ANI): British historical drama ‘The King’s Speech’ won seven awards at the 2011 Baftas.
It was named as the Best Film, and Colin Firth won the award for Best Actor, while Helena Bonham Carter won Best Supporting Actress, and Geoffrey Rush won Best Supporting Actor.
The movie, which had been nominated in 14 different categories, was also successful in the categories for Outstanding British Film, Original Screenplay and Original Music.
“King Colin, you’re deserving everything you’re getting,” the Telegraph quoted Bonham-Carter as praising Firth.
This is the second year running that Firth has picked up the Leading Actor award.
“I like coming here, thank you Bafta,” he said.
Firth, 50, thanked Tom Hooper, praising his “thorough, surprising and effective” ways of working and his family for “remaining so steady whether they are dealing with a dancing queen or a sometime king”. (ANI)
- 'The King's Speech' sweeps BAFTA, Rahman loses (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 18, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' leads Oscar race with 12 nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- The King’s Speech: King George VI Retains The Dominance At The Golden Globe Nomination - Dec 16, 2010
- List of top Bafta awards for 2011 - Feb 14, 2011
- List of some of BAFTA winners for 2011 revealed - Feb 14, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' wins top honour at Toronto festival - Sep 21, 2010
- Colin Firth 'King's Speech' sweeps the British Independent Film Awards - Dec 06, 2010
- Colin Flirth will win an Oscar, says Helena Bonham Carter - Dec 16, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' rules at Golden Globe nominations (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Rosario Dawson and Angie Harmon announced the 2011 SAG nominations - Dec 17, 2010
- Colin Firth bags 'Actor Of The Year' gong at London Critics' Circle Film Awards - Feb 11, 2011
- Colin 'the king's' speech at Oscars - Feb 28, 2011
- Restraint makes 'The King's Speech' a cinematic jewel (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 05, 2011
- I had no books on stammering to help with role: Colin Firth (Interview) - Feb 20, 2011
Tags: actor award, baftas, best actor, best film, british film, colin firth, dancing queen, feb 14, geoffrey rush, helena bonham carter, london feb, music king, original music, screenplay, supporting actress, telegraph, tom hooper