‘The King’s Speech’ stutter was agonising for Colin FirthJanuary 23rd, 2011 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 23 (ANI): Colin Firth has revealed that his stutter for the role in ‘The King’s Speech’ was agony.
The 50 year old, who plays the stuttering King George VI, said the repeated process of filming with the stammer took its physical toll.
“I ended up with headaches after filming certain scenes,” the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
“Acting with a stutter is not exactly a freeing thing. After finishing the final scene where he broadcasts the speech, I ended up with a curious pinched-nerve sensation in my left arm.”
“After doing several takes I must have been tensing my body in a peculiar way because I came away with headaches and a numbness in my arm which has never happened to me before on a film,” he said.
The King’s Speech, nominated for 14 Baftas, also stars Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush. (ANI)
- 'The King's Speech' wins seven awards at 2011 Baftas - Feb 14, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' wins top honour at Toronto festival - Sep 21, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' leads Oscar race with 12 nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 18, 2011
- Colin Firth 'King's Speech' sweeps the British Independent Film Awards - Dec 06, 2010
- The King’s Speech: King George VI Retains The Dominance At The Golden Globe Nomination - Dec 16, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' sweeps BAFTA, Rahman loses (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Colin Firth says stammering monarch role was a 'physical battle' - Dec 12, 2010
- Firth fought physical battle while doing new movie - Dec 13, 2010
- Bonham Carter risked wrath of Potter bosses by starring in 'King's Speech' - Nov 23, 2010
- List of some of BAFTA winners for 2011 revealed - Feb 14, 2011
- List of top Bafta awards for 2011 - Feb 14, 2011
- Restraint makes 'The King's Speech' a cinematic jewel (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 05, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' opens Dubai film fest, Firth feels honoured - Dec 13, 2010
- Colin Flirth will win an Oscar, says Helena Bonham Carter - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: agony, baftas, colin firth, daily express, geoffrey rush, headaches, helena bonham carter, king george vi, left arm, london jan, numbness, peculiar way, pinched nerve, sensation, stammer, stutter, stuttering