‘The King’s Speech’ star Colin Firth in line for Bafta ‘double’February 13th, 2011 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 13 (ANI): Colin Firth, who won the best actor Bafta for his role in ‘A Single Man’ last year, is in the running again for playing George VI in ‘The King’s Speech’.
Firth will learn if he has won a second consecutive best actor Bafta when this year’s awards are held later.
And if he does, he will be only the second actor ever to achieve this feat, reports the BBC.
The late Rod Steiger was the last actor, who won Baftas back-to-back for ‘The Pawnbroker’ in 1967 and ‘In the Heat of the Night’ in 1968.
The ‘Pride and Prejudice’ star has already won a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild award for his performance, for which he has also received an Oscar nomination.
The actor was recognised again on Thursday at the London Film Critics’ Circle awards.
Firth’s drama is up for 14 awards in all, including best film and director, at the Bafta to be held on Sunday. (ANI)
- Firth to be honoured with Hollywood Walk of Fame star - Jan 06, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' wins seven awards at 2011 Baftas - Feb 14, 2011
- Colin Firth says he almost turned down 'Pride and Prejudice' role - Dec 08, 2010
- Bookies betting on how long Colin Firth's Oscar winning speech would be - Feb 26, 2011
- I had no books on stammering to help with role: Colin Firth (Interview) - Feb 20, 2011
- Jane Austen fans celebrating Colin Firth's triumph - Jan 30, 2011
- "The King's Speech" Reigns At The Producers Guild Of America Awards - Jan 24, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' leads Baftas nominations - Jan 19, 2011
- Colin Firth takes home best actor crown at the Oscars - Feb 28, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 18, 2011
- Colin Firth voted Britain's best-looking man - Sep 13, 2010
- Colin Firth's success helped his relationship with father - Feb 21, 2011
- SAG Awards Aired Live On TNT - Jan 31, 2011
- Colin Firth, Natalie Portman win top BAFTA honours - Feb 14, 2011
- Colin Firth 'King's Speech' sweeps the British Independent Film Awards - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: actors guild award, bafta, best actor, best film, colin firth, george vi, golden globe, heat of the night, london feb, london film critics, london film critics circle, london film critics circle awards, oscar nomination, pawnbroker, pride and prejudice, rod steiger, screen actors guild, screen actors guild award, single man, speech star