The instigator of Susan Tamim’s murder receives a death sentenceMay 22nd, 2009 - 1:32 am ICT by GD
In the early hours of 21st May, Thursday, an Egyptian tycoon and one of the premiere political figures of the country received a death sentence that was passed by a court in Cairo for the murder of Susan Tamim, a Lebanese singer.
At the end of the court proceedings, the billionaire Hisham Talaat Moustafa was found guilty of paying a sum of $2 million to an ex-policeman to carry out the murder of Susan Tamim. The court condemned both the perpetrator and the killer Muhsin Sukkari, the ex-policemen, to be hanged until death. Following the orders from the billionaire, Sukkari had brutally knifed Tamim to death, in her own apartment on July, 2008. She was stabbed repeatedly and her whole face was mutilated. Hearing the final verdict from the judge, Moustafa’s face took on a paler hue, his two daughters burst into tears and the his sister fainted on the spot.
Early in the trial, the indictment had accused one of the security guards of one of the hotel’s owned by Moustafa of the Susan murder. But as the police began to investigate the matter more thoroughly, new leads were found and evidences recovered that pointed towards Moustafa as the instigator of the murder of Tamim.
Tamim got the taste of fame for the first time in the year 1996, the year she appeared for a TV talent show in Lebanon. She reached her career high when she won the Gold Medal on the Studio al-Fann program, following which people began to appreciate the beauty of her voice more than her facial beauty.
- Tycoon sentenced to death for killing Lebanese pop star beauty - May 21, 2009
- Egyptian politician Hisham Moustafa gets death sentence for pop diva lover's murder - May 22, 2009
- Egyptian tycoon gets death for Lebanese pop singer's murder - May 21, 2009
- Egyptian tycoon pleads not guilty to popstar's murder - Oct 19, 2008
- Egyptian billionaire charged with Lebanese pop singers murder - Sep 03, 2008
- Tibetan student immolates herself - Mar 07, 2012
- Chinese woman kills mother-in-law, toddler - Sep 12, 2012
- Halle Berry makes Salma Hayek a witness in her custody battle - Aug 17, 2012
- Pakistani kills ex-girlfriend with hammer - Jun 07, 2012
- 'Ashtiani fainted, wandered like 'ghost in shock' for few days after verdict', says former cellmate - Jul 28, 2010
- Brazilian goalie charged with ex-girlfriend's murder - Jul 31, 2010
- Depressed mum kills kids - Jul 30, 2011
- African immigrant girls face sexual mutilation threat - Feb 06, 2012
- Susan Boyle faints in Heathrow airport heat - Feb 19, 2010
- Hair snipper butchers two women - May 17, 2011
Tags: al fann, billionaire, court proceedings, death sentence, evidences, facial beauty, final verdict, hisham, indictment, instigator, lebanese singer, muhsin, new leads, perpetrator, policemen, security guards, susan tamim, talaat moustafa, talent show, tv talent