‘The Hobbit’ to finally start filming in February 2011October 19th, 2010 - 8:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Oct 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Finally a date for the filming of the much anticipated film “The Hobbit” has been announced. There have been several delays in the commencement of the production of the movie and already some earlier members of the film’s crew have left the production for various reasons.
The movie, which is a prelude to the movie “The Lord of The Rings”, will start filming on February 2011.
The owners of the franchise, Warner Bros and MGM made the joint announcement about the date.
The companies also announced that Peter Jackson would direct the movie. Jackson was the director of “The Lord of The Rings” trilogy some nine years ago. The original director for the movie, Guillermo del Toro resigned his position due to the delay of the production. Jackson spent couple of years with del Toro in Zealand on the pre-production of the movie and after del Toro stepped down, Jackson was widely tipped to succeed him.
The production of the movie was threatened by the financial troubles of MGM. However there is another obstacle to be cleared before the production can start. SAG and the New Zealand Actors’ Equity have banned its members from working on the production but the move is being challenged by Jackson who claims that the move goes contrary to the constitution of New Zealand.
- 'Hobbit' director Guillermo del Toro quits from the prequel to 'Lord of the Rings' - Jun 01, 2010
- Peter Jackson might direct 'The Hobbit' - Jun 27, 2010
- Del Toro Is No Longer The Director Of The Hobbit - Jun 02, 2010
- 'Hobbit' Director Quits Due To Studio Delays And Schedule Conflicts - Jun 01, 2010
- Del Toro not directing 'The Hobbit' - May 31, 2010
- Orlando Bloom: The Latest ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ Member To Enter 'The Hobbit’ - Dec 09, 2010
- Sir Ian McKellen is all set to act in 'The Hobbit' - Jan 11, 2011
- Guillermo to direct remake of `Beauty and the Beast' - Feb 15, 2012
- Peter Jackson To Direct "The Hobbit"? - Jun 27, 2010
- 'Curse of The Hobbit' strikes again as fire destroys workshop set - Oct 02, 2010
- 'Lord Of The Rings' prequel put on hold indefinitely, says Del Toro - May 29, 2010
- Despite Delays, Sir Ian McKellen To Return as Gandalf in Hobbit Films - Sep 14, 2010
- Guillermo Del Toro No Longer In 'The Hobbit' - Jun 02, 2010
- 'The Hobbit' Director Stands Down In The Midst Of Studio Deferments - Jun 01, 2010
- Diminutive Actors For 'Hobbit' Sought - Sep 27, 2010
Tags: actors equity, commencement, constitution, director of the lord of the rings trilogy, financial troubles, franchise, guillermo del toro, hobbit, lord of the rings, lord of the rings trilogy, mgm, new zealand, nine years, obstacle, peter jackson, prelude, sag, warner bros, zealand actors