The gun that killed JFKs assassin up for grabsMarch 1st, 2008 - 5:02 pm ICT by admin
New York, Mar 1 (ANI): The gun that was used to kill ex-US President John F. Kennedys assassin is set to be a part of an auction, which is being touted as the greatest postwar collection of pop culture ever assembled.
Other items to go under the hammer include the hat belonging to the Wicked Witch of the West in ‘The Wizard of Oz, Madonna’s Like a Virgin wedding dress, a whip and the Holy Grail from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
The strange amalgam, worth at least 5 million dollars, has been put together by a New Jersey collector.
While the auction includes astonishing things such as John Lennon’s Imagine jacket, Superman’s movie outfit, Houdini’s straitjacket, the star attraction of the do is Jack Ruby.
Ruby was the Dallas girlie-show promoter who shot JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald on national television two days after Kennedy was murdered in Dallas in November 1963.
Ruby’s .38-caliber Colt Cobra, owned by Earl Ruby, Jack’s brother and executor of his estate, was sold in 1991. It ended up in the possession of Jersey supermarket developer Anthony Pugliese.
“The most famous gun in the world,” the New York Daily News quoted Arlan Ettinger, Guernsey’s president, as saying.
The evidence tag for Ruby’s gun can be had for 25,000 dollars; his leg chains for 5,000 dollars to 10,000 dollars; a Ruby prison letter is expected to fetch 25,000 dollars to 30,000 dollars; his gray hat 25,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars and the Florsheim wingtips he wore that day are expected to go for 7,500 dollars to 10,000 dollars.
The auction will be held in Las Vegas, but items can be bought online. (ANI)
- Statue of Liberty's nose, 'Ten Commandments' tablets to go under the hammer - Sep 09, 2010
- Today is the 22nd assassination anniversary of John F. Kennedy - Nov 22, 2011
- List of suspects behind John F. Kennedy's assasination up for grabs - Dec 13, 2010
- Gandhi treasure set to return home as Mallya wins $1.8 mn bid (Leadall) - Mar 06, 2009
- JFK's last autograph fetches $39k at auction - Nov 16, 2009
- No one will shoot me: JFK told secret service agents - Sep 20, 2011
- Amid high drama, Mallya buys Gandhi heritage for $1.8 mn (Fourth Lead) - Mar 06, 2009
- Vijay Mallya buys Gandhi memorabilia for $1.8 mn (Third Lead) - Mar 06, 2009
- Coffin of JFK's killer sold for $90,000 - Dec 18, 2010
- DiCaprio to make film on John F. Kennedy - Nov 20, 2010
- JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's coffin up for sale - Dec 02, 2010
- DiCaprio, father making film on Kennedy assassination - Nov 20, 2010
- Nehru Jacket in the 'Tavern on the Green' auction fetches $5000 - Jan 20, 2010
- Marilyn Monroe iconic dress sold for $4.6 mn - Jun 21, 2011
- John F. Kennedy's love letters to be auctioned - Feb 18, 2010
Tags: anthony pugliese, colt cobra, florsheim, girlie show, gray hat, holy grail, houdini, indiana jones and the last crusade, jack ruby, john f kennedys, lee harvey oswald, national television, new york daily news, november 1963, ruby jack, ruby ruby, star attraction, straitjacket, wicked witch of the west, wizard of oz