The “Funny People” Soundtrack: An Amalgamation Of All Genres Of MusicAugust 1st, 2009 - 8:15 pm ICT by GD
“Funny People” released this Friday, July 31, and is supposedly receiving excellent reviews from all quarters. The movie brings together, for the first time, all round Hollywood comedy director Judd Apatow and film’s star Adam Sandler. Besides Sandler, the other actors who form a part of the star studded cast are Seth Rogen, Eric Bana, Jonah Hill, Leslie Mann and a host of other actors.
The “Funny People” soundtrack boasts of a whooping 32 songs. However, only 10 are featured on the album. The soundtrack of the movie is the other thing that is in question beside the cast and the plot. The presence of an unreleased version of the Wilco soundtrack “Jesus, Etc.” is one of the focal point of the album of “Funny People.” The album has a host of other such compilations that had not seen the light of the day previously, including the James Taylor track “Carolina on My Mind”, which without any doubt is among one of the more lauded tracks on the list.
The genre of pop is also a part of the OST list of “Funny People” in a big way. Jason Schwartzman and his band, the Coconut Records, shines successfully when they belt out some soulful, pensive lines in their songs. The Beatles are also entwined in the music for the film. Not as the Beatles jointly, but we have each of the ‘beatle’, from John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo, whose songs will be featured and Ringo’s “Photograph” is certainly among one of the more enjoyable songs of the album.
- The Premiere Of "Funny People" - Jul 21, 2009
- Eminen to make Hollywood comeback with ' Funny People' - Jul 06, 2009
- Singer Eminem lands movie role - Jul 06, 2009
- Seth Rogen Not Sad About This "Loss" - Aug 02, 2009
- Megan Fox to star in 'Knocked Up'? - Mar 17, 2011
- Eddie Vedder On 'Eat Pray Love' - Jul 31, 2010
- 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Winners List - Feb 14, 2011
- Lack of freshness in 'Always Kabhi Kabhi' album (IANS Music Review) - May 22, 2011
- 'Cowboys From Hell' Released By Pantera - Sep 01, 2010
- 'Funny People' tops American box offices - Aug 03, 2009
- Ryan Adams New Track 'Destroyers' Download Available - Nov 20, 2010
- Beatles music finally available on iTunes Store - Nov 16, 2010
- Lady Gaga, Eminem bag top honours at Grammys (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2011
- Rare Sex Pistols disc pips Beatles to be the most valuable vinyl - Apr 22, 2011
- Applegate in 'Anchorman 2' - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: adam sandler, amalgamation, beatle, carolina on my mind, coconut records, enjoyable songs, eric bana, focal point, genres of music, george harrison, hollywood comedy, james taylor, jason schwartzman, john lennon, jonah hill, leslie mann, ringo, seth rogen, star studded, unreleased version