“The First Day Of The Show Would Be Special” - Amitabh BachchanAugust 9th, 2010 - 1:30 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 9, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): You are back to another season of KBC. How does it feel to be hosting again the show you had left behind after the second season?
It feels good. I feel very nostalgic. Other than the channel changes, most of the crew is the same with Siddharth Basu and his team. It’s good to be among the familiar faces again.
The show is going to start on your birthday. Does that make it seem special?
The exact date has yet to be announced. I believe the Channel is considering the 11th. If it happens, the first day of the show would be special. Birthdays are always special.
How much do the changes in the format change your equation with the audience?
There are some changes in the show, which will be revealed once it goes on air. However, the basic format cannot undergo much alteration. But yes, being able to reach out to the common man and to give him or her, the opportunity to bag a life-changing amount is where the excitement lies. For the celeb shows, there is a challenging change and we hope, that will draw in many of them to participate and play for a cause.
Salman Khan has taken over Bigg Boss from you. What would your message to him be?
Yes Colors had told me that they would be going for someone like him. I am happy that they have taken Salman. I have seen him in his “Dus ka Dum’ show and he was most innovative and entertaining. I am certain he will be very good on Bigg Boss as well. The audience loves him and I am certain that the inmates of the house will love him too.
Television seems to be occupying the forefront of your commitments. Is that a conscious decision?
No it is not, but it is a facet of entertainment that artists get involved in. I have never minded exploring fresh avenues. I think it is a most challenging format and a bit tougher because there are no set lines. Most of it is impromptu and on the spur of the moment. For people like me who are accustomed to pre written dialogues, it then does become challenging.
You will also be taking time off to start a film Puri Jagannath’s Bhuddha this year? Would you be able to accommodate both television and movies without feeling burdened?
Yes I would be able to. It’s more a matter of scheduling than anything else. There will be gaps in the TV format for dates and that is when films could be accommodated.
What would the next film from your company AB Corp Ltd be?
There are a few projects that we are looking forward to. After the success of PAA, ABCorp is being looked at with renewed interest. We would want to make the most of that interest.
–Subhash K Jha/Sampurn Wire
- TV most challenging format: Amitabh - Aug 09, 2010
- Still many things I should be doing: Amitabh - Oct 11, 2011
- 'Splitsvilla' winner Siddharth to enter 'Bigg Boss 5' - Oct 15, 2011
- I was merely a fortunate bystander: Big B on KBC (Interview) - Jul 09, 2010
- No kid for now, keen for good work: Juhi Parmar (Interview) - Jan 08, 2012
- I asked mom before accepting 'Bigg Boss 4': Salman Khan (Interview) - Oct 08, 2010
- Amitabh Bachchan Speaks On His Return To 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' - Jul 09, 2010
- Don't want to change my bubbly image: Delnaaz Paul - Sep 07, 2012
- Salman didn't recommend me for 'Bigg Boss', says Mahek Chahal - Dec 13, 2011
- I'd like to give tips to 'Big Boss' inmates: Sumo wrestler Yama (With Images) - Jan 01, 2012
- I don't create controversies: Payal Rohatgi - Jan 05, 2012
- 'Bittoo Boss' sans stars' special appearances - Apr 10, 2012
- 'Big Boss' gave me recognition as designer: Rohit Verma (With Images) - May 26, 2012
- Manish Naggdev feels positive roles challenging, but limiting - Jul 15, 2012
- No 'Bigg Boss' for Dino Morea - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: alteration, amitabh bachchan, avenues, birthdays, celeb, channel changes, commitments, common man, conscious decision, dialogues, excitement, facet, familiar faces, forefront, inmates, kbc, left behind, salman khan, second season, spur of the moment