“The Fighter” Gets Overwhelming Box Office ReviewsDecember 11th, 2010 - 9:31 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The much awaited film of the year, “The Fighter” finally got released. It was as hyped as the last big Hollywood buzz, “The Social Network”. However, all those who saw the film can only say that this one is way better than “The Social Network”, as it looks more realistic and remains more truthful to the story of Boxer Micky Ward, who has been biographed in the flick.
Now it seems that the whopping amount of $11 million has actually paid back to the producers. Although the movie has been released in just a few leading cities in the United States, it is inviting good reviews and awesome feedbacks. Critics also believe that the fighter has good prospects of hitting the Oscars this year. Mark Wahlberg, who portrays the role of “Irish” Micky Ward, rather looked bad in the film. However, one cannot deny that he looked exactly the way he was needed to. The actor, who also produced the film said that it was not much difficult for him to relate to the on-screen character of Micky Ward, as the two have a lot in common in their real lives. Both have been a struggler in their respective field for a prolonged period of time, and both had to sacrifice a lot in order to get established. Therefore relating to the character’s emotions and portraying them with conviction, was not much of a challenge. All that he had to do was maintain a stringent diet and a rigorous workout schedule in order to get those packs on his torso.
According to a survey, 85% of the critics have given the movie a positive review, with an average score of 7.6/10 from 47 critics. His co-actors, Christian Bale, and Amy Adams have also made a remarkable performance. The movie will get a wider release on December 17.
- Amy Adams And Christian Bale Receive Praises For "The Fighter" - Dec 13, 2010
- Mark Wahlberg planning 'The Fighter' sequel - Mar 16, 2011
- Mark Wahlberg not bitter about missing out on best actor Oscar nod - Jan 27, 2011
- Christian Bale wins fight for best supporting actor Oscar - Feb 28, 2011
- Christian Bale wins Golden Globe for supporting role in 'The Fighter' - Jan 17, 2011
- Oscar-nominated 'The Fighter' to hit Indian screens Feb 25 - Feb 01, 2011
- Micky Ward's Life Now To Be Portrayed Through "The Fighter" - Nov 22, 2010
- Justin Timberlake campaigning hard for Oscar nomination - Nov 28, 2010
- Colin Firth And Natalie Portman Won The 2011 Screen Actors’ Guild Awards (SAG) - Jan 31, 2011
- Christian Bale impresses moviegoers at 'The Fighter' screening - Dec 13, 2010
- Review Of ‘The Fighter’: It Can Knock You Out! - Dec 11, 2010
- Finding new cuss words for 'The Fighter' was difficult: Amy Adams - Feb 09, 2011
- 'The Fighter': More than a mere boxing film (IANS Film Review, Rating: ****) - Feb 27, 2011
- "The Fighter" A Proud Achievement In Mark Wahlberg's Life - Nov 22, 2010
- Facebook Film 'The Social Network' Hogs Limelight Once Again - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,