‘The Expendables 2′ makes Rs.10.94 crore in opening weekendAugust 27th, 2012 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) “The Expendables 2″ served as a feast for Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger fans in India, and received a favourable response for its distributor by earning approximately Rs.10.94 crore within the first three days of its release in the country.
Distributed by independent company Multivision Multimedia Pvt. Ltd, the movie released Aug 24 in over 800 screens.
“‘The Expendables 2′ picked up slow on Friday (Aug 24), earning only Rs.2.95 crore. However, it gradually picked up pace on Saturday and Sunday by earning Rs.3.73 crore and Rs.4.26 crore, respectively,” said a statement.
This is the highest earning of any film distributed by a private distributor and it took everyone by surprise, according to Amit Jaithani, director, Multivision Multimedia Pvt. Ltd.
“We are ecstatic! We expected a huge opening for the film but this is simply mind-blowing. With good reviews and great word of mouth that we have witnessed, we hope that the good run will continue at the box office for the coming week too,” said Jaithani.
Directed by Simon West, the action film was released in India in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
- I 'killed' more people than Stallone: Schwarzenegger (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- John Travolta in 'Expendables II'? - Aug 02, 2011
- 'The Expendables' to release in over 400 screens in India - Aug 03, 2010
- Vidya's 'Kahaani' declared a hit - Mar 11, 2012
- 'The Expendables 2' - a nostalgia reloaded (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 25, 2012
- Action heroes pay a price, says Stallone - Jul 12, 2012
- Simon West finalised to direct 'The Expendables 2' - Jun 16, 2011
- Dull opening for 'Joker' - Sep 03, 2012
- Sly planning for 'Expendables' sequel - Aug 16, 2010
- No new Urdu, Punjabi films, Pakistanis flock to watch Batman - Aug 20, 2012
- Sylvester Stallone & 'The Expendables' Vaporize 'Vampires Suck' at Box Office - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Shanghai' gets mixed response at box office - Jun 10, 2012
- Sylvester Stallone, 64, is a child at heart - Aug 15, 2010
- 'Bol Bachchan' crosses Rs.50 crore mark - Jul 10, 2012
- Arnold Schwarzenegger shoots for 'The Last Stand' - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: action film, arnold schwarzenegger, box office, crore, english hindi, expendables, favourable response, feast, independent company, New Delhi, pace, private distributor, pvt ltd, saturday and sunday, screens, simon west, sylvester stallone, tamil, telugu, word of mouth