The Dead Weather Performs At RoxyJune 20th, 2009 - 3:37 am ICT by GD
Jack White’s name is firmly seated in the list of the prolific singers in his time. The musician has given his bit and more to the music industry since bursting in to the scene with his album, “White Blood Cells” with the group White Stripes.
Now he gets together with some other names in the music business to form a band by the name of “The Dead Weather”. The rock band brings together Alison Mosshart and White besides the guitarist/ keyboardist Dean Fertita and bassist Jack Lawrence.
The band held a performance on Wednesday night at the Roxy. The temperature in the room had been upped by the act of the lead duo. Mosshart and White had shared the microphone on a song and the active chemistry between them led the crowd to wonder the bond that the two band members share. Later, when White was on a solo act, Mosshart stood by with a hooded expression on her face and in her eyes. Whether the expression was one of hostility or of admiration could not be made out.
The origin of the band is deeply rooted in the heavy metal genre. With Alison Mosshart in the front and White tied down from action behind the drums, the band might find favors on its side.
The band has embarked on their brief special preview show last weekend before setting out for the North America tour in the coming month. The Detroit show had the band perform 10 numbers from their debut album “Horehound”, where several hundred fans had turned up to watch the band perform. Also cover versions of songs like “Treat me like your mother”, “You just can’t win” and others were doled out.
- Van Halen releases new song - Jan 10, 2012
- The White Stripes Split After 13 Years - Feb 03, 2011
- 'White Stripes' finally part ways after 13 years together - Feb 03, 2011
- Korn ready to please metallic music lover in you - Sep 04, 2012
- Kate Moss' fiance Jamie Hince planned to name new album 'Sex Tapes' - Mar 26, 2011
- Kate Moss wants to join boyfriend's band - Jul 20, 2009
- Music band dedicates 'Amitabh uncle' to Big B - May 12, 2012
- Cradle Of Filth Reveals New Album Moniker - Aug 04, 2010
- Eva Longoria in promo rap song for MTV's EMAs - Oct 26, 2010
- Foo Fighters win five Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- US jazz band sways to Indian beats - Oct 26, 2011
- New album from Killing Joke due this November - Sep 21, 2010
- Metallica planned loud, explosive treat for fans - Oct 29, 2011
- Beatles great McCartney receives top music award from US President Obama at the White House - Jun 03, 2010
- Adele, Foo Fighters win big at 54th Grammy (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: admiration, alison mosshart, band members, bassist, debut album, guitarist, heavy metal, hostility, jack white, members share, metal genre, music business, music industry, preview show, rock band, roxy, solo act, weather, white blood cells, white stripes