‘The Dark Knight Rises’ To Present Anne Hathaway In New Avatar!January 23rd, 2011 - 6:17 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan, 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Ever since director Christopher Nolan announced of making the sequel to The Dark Knight his critically acclaimed and award-winning movie the Batman fans have been on cloud nine. After much wait and anxiety the director has announced that he is gearing up to start the shooting of his new film and it will be released by July 2012. This time the viewers would not get to see actor Heath Ledger who took on screen villainy to a new height as Joker, a complex madman who terrorized Gotham City. Tom Hardy will appear as the antagonist in the new movie and the female lead will no longer be played by Maggie Gyllenhaal. Pretty actress Anne Hathaway will play Catwoman in this new movie as it has been reported. The news took the viewers by surprise initially as the actress is famous for playing ‘Ms. Goody Two Shoes’ roles in most of her films. Playing a character like Catwoman that has shades of Grey means that the actress has to opt for an image makeover.
The ‘Brokeback Mountain’ actress is in a mood to change her image and her role in her latest Flick ‘Love And Other Drugs’ is a proof of that. Reportedly, her on screen character has a love hate relation with the protagonist Batman. However, it is not clear if she is against Bane, the main villain in the upcoming movie.
It is evident that a lot of CGI and special effects will be used to make the Catwoman come alive on screen. However, the actress will have to put her histrionics to good use as well.
- Rohan Sippy's film with Ayushmann, Kunaal, goes on floors (Movie Snippets) - Jul 22, 2012
- Anne Hathaway Bags The Role Of Catwoman In The Dark Knight Rises - Jan 20, 2011
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in 'Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- Top Hollywood Actresses Vying For A Role In New 'Batman' Movie - Jan 14, 2011
- Actor Tom Hardy To Be In Third Batman Movie - Oct 14, 2010
- Hathaway spent all time in gym for Catwoman - Apr 14, 2012
- Anne Hathaway: The New Catwoman In Batman Series - Jan 27, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Not The Last Batman Movie For Christian Bale? - Jan 23, 2011
- No Heath Ledger In Dark Knight Rises - Dec 05, 2010
- Catwoman role makes Hathaway nauseous - Jun 01, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan says Tom Hardy is 'just a friend' - Jan 25, 2011
- Hathaway incredible in 'Dark Knight Rises': Nolan - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: actor heath, anne hathaway, antagonist, batman fans, brokeback mountain, christopher nolan, cloud nine, dark knight, director christopher nolan, goody two shoes, heath ledger, histrionics, image makeover, madman, maggie gyllenhaal, new film, ranjan, screen character, tom hardy, villainy