‘The City’ Stands Canceled: Reveals Whitney PortOctober 26th, 2010 - 5:37 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
October 26, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The New York City based reality show named ‘The City’ now stands cancelled. This was reported by Whitney Port, a regular fixture of the show, herself. A spin off from ‘The Hills’, the new show had been regarded as a tamer and classier version. However, Port has now confirmed the rumors saying that ‘The City’ is not going to be back after all. She went public on Ryan Seacrest’s KIIS-FM radio and said that it doesn’t look likely that they are going to persist with it. She also said that was not possible for the show to move to another network distinct from MTV.
Filming during the fashion week for ‘The City’ seems to be a remote thing now. MTV has not obliged any of the reporters by commenting on the issue so far. However, the way things are going at present with the network moving increasingly towards the more realistic reality shows like the ‘16 and Pregnant’ and ‘Teen Mom’ makes it obvious that the show might get the axe. Well, many will also miss their foray into the world of fashion and thus be bereft of indulging in a guilt ridden pleasure.
Port who also dabbles in fashion designing says that she is ready to move on. She emphasized that she has other things to do as of now. Other doors open when one gets closed, she said philosophically. Although Whitney has the advantage of falling on her fashion designing experience now, she can also hope to derive some additional benefit from the web series.
- MTV Cancels "The City" After Two Seasons, Whitney Port Confirms - Oct 26, 2010
- J-Woww turns down $40k Playboy offer for 'a better opportunity' - Oct 21, 2010
- Demi Lovato too busy to romance - Jul 13, 2011
- Freddie Fackelmayer And Whitney Port Breaks Up - Jun 10, 2010
- Actress Lauren Conrad returning to reality TV - Sep 29, 2010
- MTV's show 'The City' is canceled - Oct 27, 2010
- Trawick and I are really normal: Spears - Mar 06, 2011
- Heidi Montag Asserts That Her Second Album Is About To Hit The Market - Jun 25, 2010
- Single Kim Kardashian 'down for some hookups' in NYC - Oct 06, 2010
- I love Courteney with all my heart: David Arquette - Apr 12, 2011
- Whitney Port's party quick fix - push-ups! - Jul 17, 2011
- Miley Cyrus on falling in love with Liam Hemsworth - Jun 15, 2010
- Kim Kardashian says her baby nephew is the best birth control ever - Jul 23, 2010
- 'Glee' star Chord Overstreet says he's 'just friends' with Rumer Willis - Oct 14, 2010
- 'Fashion shows not just about clothes' - Jul 04, 2012