‘The City’ Stands Canceled: Reveals Whitney Port

October 26th, 2010 - 5:37 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work  

October 26, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The New York City based reality show named ‘The City’ now stands cancelled. This was reported by Whitney Port, a regular fixture of the show, herself. A spin off from ‘The Hills’, the new show had been regarded as a tamer and classier version. However, Port has now confirmed the rumors saying that ‘The City’ is not going to be back after all. She went public on Ryan Seacrest’s KIIS-FM radio and said that it doesn’t look likely that they are going to persist with it. She also said that was not possible for the show to move to another network distinct from MTV.

Filming during the fashion week for ‘The City’ seems to be a remote thing now. MTV has not obliged any of the reporters by commenting on the issue so far. However, the way things are going at present with the network moving increasingly towards the more realistic reality shows like the ‘16 and Pregnant’ and ‘Teen Mom’ makes it obvious that the show might get the axe. Well, many will also miss their foray into the world of fashion and thus be bereft of indulging in a guilt ridden pleasure.

Port who also dabbles in fashion designing says that she is ready to move on. She emphasized that she has other things to do as of now. Other doors open when one gets closed, she said philosophically. Although Whitney has the advantage of falling on her fashion designing experience now, she can also hope to derive some additional benefit from the web series.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe