‘The Bodyguard’ remake to have a new Whitney HoustonFebruary 25th, 2011 - 5:46 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 25 (ANI): Movie chiefs are planning to remake ‘The Bodyguard’ - and use it as a launch pad for a new chart sensation.
Whitney Houston starred as a pop singer in the original movie, with one of her tracks from the romantic thriller, ‘I Will Always Love You’, going to No 1 around the world.
And the soundtrack has sold about 44 million copies - a record for a film.
Film bosses are now looking for a young female singer to play the lead in their version.
“The new film is similar, including the love story, but the bodyguard will be a former Iraq War veteran who gets the job protecting the star as his first gig after leaving the Army,” the Mirror quoted a source close to the project as saying.
The new film will be made in the US by Warner Bros. and scripted by Jeremiah Friedman and Nick Palmer. (ANI)
- 'The Bodyguard' remake in the pipeline - Feb 25, 2011
- Rihanna to be in 'The Bodyguard' remake? - Feb 27, 2011
- Jennifer Hudson pays tribute to Whitney Houston - Feb 13, 2012
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Houston back to silver screen after 15 years - Sep 16, 2011
- Rihanna not interested in 'Bodyguard' remake - Mar 09, 2011
- Alexandra Burke to play in 'The Bodyguard'? - May 31, 2011
- Pop star Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Houston's memorabilia fetches $80,000 - Apr 02, 2012
- Whitney Houston's family in reality show - May 13, 2012
- Daughter pays tribute to Whitney Houston - Aug 10, 2012
- Beyonce pays tribute to Houston - May 27, 2012
- Houston to return on big screen? - Sep 14, 2011
- Kareena to honour real-life bodyguards - Aug 18, 2011
- Whitney Houston has spent her entire fortune - Jan 25, 2012
Tags: bodyguard, chiefs, female singer, film film, friedman, gig, iraq war, jeremiah, launch pad, leaving the army, london feb, love story, new film, pop singer, romantic thriller, scripted, sensation, war veteran, warner bros, whitney houston