“The Beatles” Fans Pay Tribute To John Lennon, Remembers Mark David ChapmanDecember 9th, 2010 - 8:36 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Wednesday, December 8, the fans of legendary songwriter John Lennon remembered his death anniversary by visiting Central Park garden, Strawberry Fields. The fans of the founding member of “The Beatles” dedicated the day in his honor. Along with John Lennon, his murderer Mark David Chapman was also remembered for his nefarious crime. Mark David Chapman is still serving his time in prison, even 30 years after John Lennon’s death.
The media outlets reported that Mark David Chapman is presently is at the Attica Correctional Facility in Attaca, N.Y. He has been imprisoned there since 1981 and the judge denied his parole for the sixth time. Mark David Chapman fired four shots at John Lennon and he was pleaded guilty of second degree murder. In December the accused said that he previously decided that he would kill Elizabeth Taylor but he killed the legendary songwriter because the latter was easily accessible. When asked why he chose John Lennon’s apartment building as the place of murder, he said that it was not quite and there he could have found others.
It has always been a topic of discussion for the media sources as why Mark David Chapman chose to kill his own favorite singer. On the other hand, the media outlets released an interview of John Lennon which they claim was conducted three days before the murder. In the interview John Lennon said that critics are always interested in “dead heroes”. Even, the reputed magazine featured the interview of Jonathan Cott where he said that John Lennon’s words were vibrant, joyous, hopeful and fearless. In the recently released interview John Lennon is heard saying that the critics are like the “illusions”.
- In jail for 31 years, Lennon killer up for parole again - Aug 19, 2012
- John Lennon 'didn't want to be a dead hero' - Dec 09, 2010
- The Slayer Of The Revered John Lennon Is Eligible For Parole Again - Sep 07, 2010
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010
- I thought by killing Lennon I would become somebody, says his killer - Sep 17, 2010
- Mark David Chapman Refused Parole Once More - Sep 08, 2010
- John Lennon's Last Quotes Revealed By Rolling Stone - Dec 08, 2010
- Today is John Lennon's death anniversary - Dec 08, 2011
- Yoko Lennon Opposed To Parole For Killer - Aug 08, 2010
- Yoko Ono opposes the parole of John Lennon's killer - Mark David Chapman - Aug 08, 2010
- Julian Lennon Looks Back At Father John Lennon's Assassination - Dec 05, 2010
- John Lennon Remains Popular As Ever As Is Shown In Death Anniversary - Dec 11, 2010
- Mark David Chapman denied parole for the sixth time - Sep 08, 2010
- John Lennon murderer denied parole for the 6th time - Sep 08, 2010
- Mark Chapman 'signed into protective custody to have sex with wife' - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: apartment building, attaca, attica correctional facility, beatles fans, dead heroes, death anniversary, garden strawberry, gina gomez, interview john, john lennon, jonathan cott, legendary songwriter, mark david chapman, media sources, second degree murder, sixth time, songwriter john, strawberry fields, time mark, tribute to john lennon