The Accused of the Lana Clarkson Murder goes FreeMarch 25th, 2009 - 10:34 pm ICT by GD
The evidence provided by the forensic labs provided on the murder retrial, proved that Phil Spector, the legendary music producer is not guilty of the shooting and death of the Hollywood actress Lana Clarkson, six years ago, the lawyer of the defendant told the Jury on Tuesday, the 24th of March.
The Hollywood actress Lana Clarkson was shot to death on the 3rd of February, 2003, within the premises of the music producer Phil Spector’s house in Alhambra, California. Following the shootout, Phil Spector was charged with the murder of Lana Clarkson in the same month of February 2003.
The closing arguments of the five month long murder retrial began on the 23rd of March 2009 in Los Angeles. During these closing arguments, Doron Weinberg, the defense attorney made a statement addressing the jury saying that, Lana Clarkson had committed suicide by shooting herself in her mouth and that there were no traces of the defendant’s DNA anywhere on the gun with which Clarkson had met her death.
Weinberg told the standing jury “Phillip Spector did not kill Lana Clarkson. That’s what the evidence shows. That’s what the truth shows,”
Listing 14 pieces of forensic evidence that were used by the defense during the trial, the defense attorney said, “the forensic evidence shows that Phillip Spector is innocent,” Earlier during the course of the trail the defendant’s lawyers had argued that Lana Clarkson was depressed over her film career as a B-movie actress, and was falling into pieces and this lead to her suicide.
- Phil Spector' lawyers appeal to overturn murder conviction - Apr 13, 2011
- Phil Spector murder conviction upheld - May 03, 2011
- Phil Spector conviction upheld - May 04, 2011
- Mirren replaces Midler in Spector biopic - Jul 20, 2011
- Phil Spector A Demonic Maniac: Prosecutor - Mar 24, 2009
- Phil Spector found guilty of killing actress - Apr 14, 2009
- Music producer Spector convicted for murdering actress - Apr 14, 2009
- Al Pacino to play notorious producer on TV - Oct 10, 2010
- Al Pacino 'to play Phil Spector in a movie' - Oct 09, 2010
- Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years jail for Lana Clarkson murder - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector to serve 19 years in prison for actress' murder - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector's adopted son's shocking revelation - Apr 24, 2009
- Music producer Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years in jail - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector Convicted as Wife Rachelle Spector Breaks Down - Apr 14, 2009
- Phil Spector beaten up by fellow inmate - Mar 22, 2010
Tags: alhambra california, b movie, closing arguments, defendant, defense attorney, dna, film career, forensic evidence, forensic labs, hollywood actress, Lana Clarkson, lana clarkson murder, lara clarkson, legendary music, movie actress, murder retrial, music producer phil spector, phil spector, premises, producer phil spector, weinberg