The 2009 iifa Awards can be watched onlineJune 14th, 2009 - 9:09 pm ICT by GD
The results for this year’s IIFA awards is out and Hrithik Roshan has won the Best Actor trophy for Jodha Akbar. The Best Actress award has gone to Priyanka Chopra. Farhan Akhtar has walked off with the Best Debut (Male) award and Asin with the Best Debut (Female).
“Jodha Akbar” made a clean sweep of the IIFA, taking home the “Best Film”, “Best Director”, “Best Actor” awards. In all, the periodic movie on Mughal Emperor Akbar, fetched its unit 11 awards. Abhishek Bachchan won the Best Actor in a Comic Role. Amir Khan’s “Ghajini” won Best Action.
This year’s IIFA awards can be watched online by fans who are eagerly waiting for the telecast on television. The International Indian Film Academy event has finally begun in Macau on Sunday. The brand ambassador for IIFA, actor Amitabh Bachchan was present for IIFA’s launch too.
Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan have made abundant appearances in relation to this year’s IIFA, to ‘up’ the publicity. However, the show was a little lackluster this year by the absence of some of the biggest names in the Bollyood film fraternity.
Shahrukh ‘King” Khan gave this year’s IIFA a miss. He is busy shooting for Karan Johar’s ‘My Name is Khan’. Amir Khan, as usual, is absent from the awards ceremony like every other year and every other awards event. Salman Khan too did not attend, being busy with the filming of his television show, ‘Dus Ka Dum’.
The other Bollywood celebs who have missed the IIFA this year are Rani Mukherji, Ajay Devgan, Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt, Ranbir Kapoor, Fardeen Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Priety Zinta and John Abraham, to name a few.
- Ranbir, Vidya win top IIFA honours - Jun 10, 2012
- Zindagi Na, Rockstar dominate IIFA awards - Jun 10, 2012
- Like Oscars, IIFA doesn't need brand ambassador: Anil Kapoor - Jun 16, 2011
- 'Zindagi Na...' triumphs at Filmfare awards (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Ranbir, Vidya best actors at 57th Filmfare awards - Jan 30, 2012
- Ranbir, Vidya declared best actors at 57th Filmfare awards (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- 'Dabangg' bags seven IIFA awards (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2011
- 'Dabangg' wins five at IIFA; Sonakshi, Ranvir win debut awards (Second Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- SRK to perform on IIFA stage after seven years - Jun 16, 2011
- 'Dabangg' bags six awards at IIFA (Third Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- Toronto to see largest galaxy of Bollywood stars - Jun 16, 2011
- Parineeti Chopra now eyes IIFA award - Mar 31, 2012
- Ranbir, Vidya named best actors at Apsara Awards - Jan 26, 2012
- Jodhaa Akbar bags top honours at IIFA - Jun 15, 2009
- Priyanka's tributes to Rekha, Shahid's to southern songs - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, actor awards, actress award, aishwarya rai bachchan, ajay devgan, amir khan, awards event, best actress, fardeen khan, farhan akhtar, ghajini, hrithik roshan, john abraham, karan johar, king khan, mughal emperor akbar, priety zinta, ranbir kapoor, sanjay dutt, shahid kapoor