The ‘Sari’ Story Of Indian FashionDecember 8th, 2010 - 4:31 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
A number of Indian designers have been experimenting with the nine yards of cloth for a long time now and have finally come up with new designs for the Indian woman. For example, you can now sport a pair of converse shoes with your favorite sari! Though this may sound strange, models have been exhibiting the style on the ramp. All you have to do is drape your sari over a jeans instead of the traditional petticoat. Ace designer Anamika Khanna has introduced her new collection of sari pyjamas because she feels that the new age woman is not comfortable wearing petticoats under the sari.
But it is definitely the sari gowns designed by Wendell Rodricks which have emerged as the winner in the sari fashion story of India. Armed with a built-in choli and a split pallu, the new sari is the perfect choice for the modern Indian lady who has no time to drape the sari around and can also hardly manage the cloth which seems to open up from different angles!
Modern Indian ladies cannot do away with their favorite pair of jeans. And a girl living abroad finds the sari mesmerizing. Creating an Indo – western look, designer Nida Mahmood decided that a sari worn with a shoulder – enhancing blouse and a jeans is the best way to keep both parties happy. So next time you do not feel like draping a sari, just remember that you can also keep your jeans and those sports shoes intact. So when are you introducing the saris and jeans in your wardrobe?
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Cocktail sari for Gaga - if only! - Oct 28, 2011
- Itsy-bitsy cholis spice up Bollywood (Feature) - Dec 03, 2011
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (Lead with correction in second para) - Aug 10, 2012
- 20 years on, being gay will be a non-issue: Wendell Rodricks - Sep 19, 2012
- Wendell displays his 'Timeless' collection at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- From traditional to sexy, blouses get retro makeover - Aug 17, 2011
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Goa was birthplace of Indo-Western garments: Wendell Rodricks (Interview, With Image) - Jan 27, 2012
- Indian designers unfazed by Hermes sari plans - Oct 16, 2011
- Sari over jeans, belt over sari - new fashion fads in India (With Images) - Nov 07, 2009
- Tagore women brought high fashion to early 20th century Bengal - Jul 20, 2010
- Drape that Kanjeevaram, Benarasi this Diwali - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: blouse, choli, converse shoes, indian designers, indian fashion, indian ladies, indian lady, indian woman, indo, nine yards, perfect choice, petticoat, petticoats, pyjamas, ramp, sari, saris, sports shoes, wardrobe, wendell rodricks