‘That girl…’ my last intense film with Kalki: Anurag (Movie Snippets)August 9th, 2011 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 9 (IANS) Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap said “That Girl In Yellow Boots” will be his last high-voltage intense film with newly-wed wife Kalki Koechlin as such movies take a toll on their relationship.
“I am very serious about it. I won’t work with Kalki again till the time I have a lighter romantic film for her. When we work on intense films, our relationship gets very intense,” Anurag said in a statement.
“It takes a toll on our personal interactions. Besides this, the chances of creative clashes are high while working on the same project, and convincing the other becomes difficult at times,” he said.
“This stresses out our relation. So, we have decided to keep our relation safe by avoiding working together,” he added.
Kalki’s debut “Dev D” was helmed by Anurag. Then they went on to do “Shaitan” produced by him. They are back again with “That Girl In Yellow Boots”, which is directed by Anurag.
“That Girl in Yellow Boots” is a thriller tracing Ruth’s (Kalki) search for her father — a man she hardly knew but cannot forget. The film is slated for a Sep 2 release.
I want to learn from the youth: Amitabh
A part of Bollywood for over four decades, megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s hunger to learn is still intact. He now wants to learn new things from the younger actors of today.
“I want to learn from the younger actors today because this generation has their own concepts. If you want to grow, you need to accept change and new things,” the 68-year-old told IANS.
The actor is currently looking forward to his much-hyped film “Aarakshan” slated to release Friday.
I would love to run around trees: Mahie Gill
Mahie Gill, since her foray into Bollywood, has been part of more realistic cinema like “Dev D”, “Gulaal” and now “Not A Love Story”. But the actress is itching to do full-on commercial films.
“I would love to do typical candy floss commercial films. I love Sridevi and I love films where the heroine runs in chiffon saris. I would love to do all that but no director offers me those roles. I don’t know why,” said a disappointed Mahie.
The actress featured in Punjabi films before entering Bollywood.
- Anurag is my biggest critic: Kalki - Aug 27, 2011
- I love Beti B in Aishwarya's arms the most: Abhishek (Movie Snippets) - Nov 25, 2011
- I'm a big fan of Salman Khan: Ali Zafar (Movie Snippets) - Sep 18, 2011
- Rajaysh Tondon too heavy for Hrithik Roshan? (Film Snippets) - Aug 27, 2011
- Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance: Mahie Gill - Feb 25, 2012
- I love going back to theatre: Kalki - Mar 14, 2012
- I made 'That Girl...' only for Kalki: Anurag Kashyap - Jul 03, 2010
- I want to explore myself as an actor: Mahie Gill - Sep 26, 2011
- Jimmy on weight loss spree (Movie Snippets) - Aug 25, 2012
- I stand by Dibakar: Anurag Kashyap - Mar 17, 2011
- 'Difficult to cast two leading actresses together' - Jul 08, 2011
- I'll complete Mani Kaul's movies: Anurag Kashyap - Jul 17, 2011
- Entertainment and morals dont mix: Kalki Koechlin (Interview) - Feb 12, 2012
- I'm getting married this year: Kalki Koechlin - Apr 25, 2011
- Kalki-Kashyap wedding set for April 30 (Lead) - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: actress, amitabh bachchan, bollywood, candy floss, clashes, commercial films, foray, four decades, high voltage, hunger, kashyap, koechlin, love story, personal interactions, romantic film, snippets, stresses, thriller, yellow boots, younger actors