That Girl In Yellow Boots Receives Incredible Response at Toronto FestSeptember 20th, 2010 - 11:09 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 20, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Director and writer Anurag Kashyap has ruled in the recently held Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) with his upcoming movie That Girl In Yellow Boots. It received incredible response at the festival and the lead actress Kalki Koechlin also floored everyone with her performance.
The premiere of this provocative thriller in Toronto has turned out to be the most well received Indian movie at this year’s TIFF.
Kashyap was quoted saying that the film has garnered much praise both in Toronto and Venice film festival. The director said that he never imagined the film will get such a wonderful and strong response from the international viewers.
Dev D and That Girl In Yellow Boots have made Kashyap one of the leading persons of the Independent film movement in India.
Someone from the audience in TIFF was quoted saying that Kashyap’s movie has shown the underbelly of the Indian reality and the characters have been put as they are in reality.
The story of the film is set in Pune and Mumbai and revolves around a white girl, who comes to India in search of her Bengali photographer father. Her character’s name is Ruth, who is born to French mother. On her journey to finding her father, Ruth had to bribe bureaucrats to extend her tourist visa and learns parlor massage. She supports a useless, drug-addicted boyfriend and then comes in the eyes of the underworld.
After Dev D, where Kalki played Chandramukhi, it is another stellar performance from this actress.
The film has been termed “adult’ by the censor here because of the use of some words. However, the powerful performance of Kalki under the direction of her beau Anurag Kashyap, will surely draw some Indian audience to the theaters!
– Sampurn Wire
- Kashyap's 'That Girl in Yellow Boots' big hit in Toronto (With Images) - Sep 19, 2010
- That Girl In Yellow Boots To Be Screened At Venice Film Festival - Aug 03, 2010
- Anurag's New Film Faces Online Leakage - Aug 09, 2010
- Anurag Kashyap's 'That Girl...' to open South Asian film fest - Oct 10, 2010
- 'That Girl...' goes to Toronto, Venice film festivals - Jul 30, 2010
- 'That Girl In Yellow Boots' first look revealed (With Image) - Aug 11, 2011
- Kashyap's '...Yellow Boots' to release in Britain - Aug 27, 2011
- Don't look like village girl, so not in '...Wasseypur': Kalki - Jun 04, 2012
- I'll complete Mani Kaul's movies: Anurag Kashyap - Jul 17, 2011
- 'Difficult to cast two leading actresses together' - Jul 08, 2011
- 'That Girl In Yellow Boots' to premier in New York - Aug 23, 2011
- Kalki-Kashyap wedding set for April 30 (Lead) - Apr 25, 2011
- Circuit and Chandramukhi Together? - May 22, 2010
- 'That girl…' my last intense film with Kalki: Anurag (Movie Snippets) - Aug 09, 2011
- Kalki Koechlin to play female lead in Dibakar's 'Shanghai' - May 06, 2011
Tags: anurag kashyap, bengali, bureaucrats, french mother, independent film, indian audience, international film festival, international viewers, mumbai, pune, stellar performance, tiff, toronto international film festival, tourist visa, underbelly, underworld, venice film festival, white girl, wire director, yellow boots