Thandie Newton to teach acting in Oprah Winfrey’s Leadership AcademyJune 15th, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 15 (ANI): British actress Thandie Newton will soon be giving acting lessons to children in the slums of South Africa.
The ‘Crash’ star will pass on her talent to girls at Oprah Winfrey’s Leadership Academy, a boarding school for girls growing up in poverty in the country.
“I am really looking forward to it as it’s such a great scheme and it’s nice to give something back,” Contactmusic quoted Newton as saying.
The academy opened in January 2007 with chat show queen Oprah Winfrey’s initiative after South Africa’s former president, Nelson Mandela asked her to help the poor children. (ANI)
- Newton to teach acting to slum kids - Jun 15, 2009
- Winfrey to teach school students - Jul 07, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey introduces her students to Obama - Oct 08, 2010
- Newborn's body found in Oprah Winfrey's school - Feb 20, 2011
- Oprah connects to Jaipur with salwar-kameez, social message (With Image) - Jan 22, 2012
- Oprah has a doctorate now! - Jun 27, 2011
- Winfrey arranges meet with Obama for African students - Oct 07, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey's old clothes up for sale - Feb 27, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey disappointed over acquittal of a women who was accused of abusing children - Oct 13, 2010
- Newton's regrets over early romance director John Duigan as a teen - Aug 18, 2009
- Oprah Winfrey told to defend defamation case - Mar 17, 2010
- Winfrey 'disappointed' as ex-matron cleared of sexual abuse charges - Oct 12, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey plans to be a high school teacher - Jul 07, 2011
- Winfrey gets street named after her - May 13, 2011
- Discover India with Oprah Winfrey in two-part series - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: boarding school, british actress, chat show, crash star, former president, girls, initiative, leadership academy, nelson mandela, oprah winfrey, poverty, president nelson mandela, queen, slums, south africa, thandie newton